fuel smell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel smell

im getting a fuel smell from the rear of my car i jacked it up this weekend and smelled it. idk i thought it might be my pump about to go????

no leaks that i can see, is this a common problem, maybe signs of a future fuel problem??
    MY DRINKING TEAM HAS A RACING PROBLEM

Originally posted by BG ALL DAY View Post
    im getting a fuel smell from the rear of my car i jacked it up this weekend and smelled it. idk i thought it might be my pump about to go????

no leaks that i can see, is this a common problem, maybe signs of a future fuel problem??
    It's the fuel filler tube. Very common on our cars. Mine leaks if I fill it all the way. No problems at 3/4 tank. I really need to fix it cause it does let enough water in for my gas to freeze in the winter.
    miss my '93 LX at every corner
    photo album
    Catch me on Facebook

Comment

did u just top your tank off?

park your car with the rear end higher than the front see if that solves your prob?
      1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
      Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
      "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

does the filler tube from the egt swap over???? And this only happens above half tank
        MY DRINKING TEAM HAS A RACING PROBLEM

Comment

it could be a gas tank leak too
          http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47653

my fs thread

Comment

Originally posted by BG ALL DAY View Post
            does the filler tube from the egt swap over???? And this only happens above half tank
            It should. I had the same problem a few years ago and pulled a egt fuel pipe assembly from the local junkyard. I think the part that rusted through on my old one is called a "separator"

Comment

Working...
            X