Help I'm Losing Power!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help I'm Losing Power!!!!!!!

Hey all, hopefully someone will be able to help me. I have a stock 93 DX, it has about 136600 clicks on it. Up until a few days ago it ran perfectly fine, but now it wont rev above 4300rpm, you get it up there and it wont move, worse still the powerloss is felt all the way down the line. It will surge a bit around 3500. Please give me some ideas on what this could be, because it's been getting worse!!! And I need my car!!!
    thx, in advance guys.
    bob

93' 5spd DX
    R.I.P

your catalytic converter may have come apart inside and clogged the exhaust, you may have a pinch in your exhaust system

is it running roughly? does it stall at idle? do you have the money for a BP swap?

Comment

Originally posted by red90protegelx
      your catalytic converter may have come apart inside and clogged the exhaust, you may have a pinch in your exhaust system

is it running roughly? does it stall at idle? do you have the money for a BP swap?
      I was thinking maybe the cat or a pinch, it's just been to freaking cold to be laying on the ground.

It hasn't stalled or anything since this started, it seems like it's running perfect just that it has no power, and it won't rev anymore.

I've been debating the BP swap, when i first bought the car i was gonna to, but now i don't know, i'm happy with my 1cam. And the money i was gonna use for it i've put aside to buy a miata.

93' 5spd DX
      R.I.P

Comment

yeah, my cat dropped its element because i jumped a speed bump on accident :p stupid catco cat havin to break, anyways yeah it ran fine, just NO power, but the intake sounded neat

Comment

a loud sucking, almost wheezing sound????

93' 5spd DX
          R.I.P

Comment

well i have a filter and adaptor, so it was a bad assed cool intakey sound lol, but yeah, urs probably sounds like that

Comment

well i have a filter and adaptor, so it was a bad assed cool intakey sound lol, but yeah, urs probably sounds like that
              oh yeah it sounds a bit like when i had my cone and adapter on there, just louder, right now i just have the airbox in place, but none of the tubing that goes in that well in the fender, or the long piece that goes across the rad. i'll be putting my cone back on in the spring.

93' 5spd DX
              R.I.P

Comment

yeah, its the cat or an exhaust pinch...had that happen this year as well...ive spent muchos on this stupid car lol

Comment

yeah, its the cat or an exhaust pinch...had that happen this year as well...ive spent muchos on this stupid car lol
                  thx, i was hoping it was something like that!!
                  just sucks that i cant do anything til wed.

93' 5spd DX
                  R.I.P

Comment

i drove mine like that for 2 weeks lol

Comment

i drove mine like that for 2 weeks lol
                      my biggest problem with it is going up the hills on the interstate, cant downshift because theres no power, so i have to get a good 70-75mph start on the hills.

93' 5spd DX
                      R.I.P

Comment

yeah...i got beat by a civic ex while i was like that...i cried

Comment

turns out it was either the cat or the presilencer. when i was gettin on the interstate this morning i heard a strange sound then looked behind me and saw a small cloud of crap that had just come out of my muffler (it's one of those straight through dual tip ones). after that happened i got almost all of my power back, there's still a little blockage but i'll fix that right up this weekend.
                          once again thx.

93' 5spd DX
                          R.I.P

Comment

told ya

Comment

Working...
                            X