5th gear grind/question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5th gear grind/question...

So, I bought a 5th gear from a MX-6 and put it in my Kia transmission, changed/put fresh Redline in it... and now it grinds. I actually had a transmission shop do it due to me not having time before I leave for school, and am wondering now, would the synchros/rings swap from the original 5th gear to the MX-6 or do I need to order new stuff??? Right now I just excellerate to 50 in 4th double clutch it and shift it to 5th and the engine speed is right to were it doesn't grind, I just might stop using the clutch to go into fifth....

But yeah, would the syncro/rings swap from a stock g-series 5th to the MX6 5th gear????

Thanks!

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
    Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Yes, you can swap everything that's under the 5th gear cover.

Figure out what the problem is before you start throwing parts at it.

I did the 5th gear swap, it takes no time at all. Not knowing what the transmission shop did, you're gonna have to pull it apart and see what's wrong. Did you just hand them the 2 gears or the rest of it too? Even the shift fork can be used. I just swapped the 2 gears since my transmission shifted perfectly fine with the stock 5th gears, and it still shifts like new.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

I just gave the the two gear sets. I am just wondering if I can use the syncros and rings off the original 5th gear and put them on the MX6 5th gear.

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
      Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

Working...
      X