new and needing help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new and needing help

ok a couple really quick questions about my 92 323. one, the shifter is excessively sloppy how do i fix this? i read somewhere to change the bushings but i cant find them so im assumingtheyre on the linkage? and two, i found a shop that can get a bpt for $845 usd. is that a good deal? it comes with ecu and harness too. and three, is the bp(t) really a DIRECT drop in swap? i dont wanna mess around with sourcing tranies or making anything "work".

Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Originally posted by red rocket View Post
      ok a couple really quick questions about my 92 323. one, the shifter is excessively sloppy how do i fix this? i read somewhere to change the bushings but i cant find them so im assumingtheyre on the linkage? and two, i found a shop that can get a bpt for $845 usd. is that a good deal? it comes with ecu and harness too. and three, is the bp(t) really a DIRECT drop in swap? i dont wanna mess around with sourcing tranies or making anything "work".
      I think CorkSport sells bronzoil shifter bushings which are supposedly very good. They're located in the bottom of the gear shifter which is next to the exhaust.
      There's a ton of info on here about the BP and BPT swaps. They are direct swaps but I think there may be a few wires you need to run to get VICS set up correctly if you go N/A. Your B6 tranny (F series) will "work" but it isn't as strong as the BP tranny (G series).
      1987 Acura Integra LS (Now Parting Out)
      1989 Acura Integra LS
      1992 Mazda 323 (Current DD)

Comment

ok thanks. i think im gonna go bpt. i never realized these cars could be so fast for 1\4 the price of everything else. and give me a break about the search button, there are 1.5 pages of info in this section and ive not been on long enoiugh to search.

Comment

Stay on longer and search
          Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
          "Who Dey"

Comment

Red Rocket, I'm in Portland and the cheapest I've found a BPT for is 895, and that's shop price because I work for HPF. You mind telling me where you've found this engine, I'm a cheapskate and will buy from that shop if I can get the motor/ECU/Wiring harness for 850.
            -'91 Festiva L
            -'91 Pro AWD New Project

Comment

its at a jdm engine shop off tv highway in aloha. i dont remember what its called. if i remember right the bp is 645 and the bpt is 845. it could be 895 though. and i have been searching i swear and i still havent found ANYTHING that tells me what i need for the swap. a swap matrix would be really helpful. ive looked here and on mazda323performance.com and i still have some questions. idk if your a craigslist junkie like i am but i saw a gtx on there for 3500. i thought they were only canadian?

Comment

That was a BF GTX, so the body style before yours. We had a few of those state side, but 3500 was ridiculous for that car.

I'd like to know what the name of that shop is if you could remember it or give me the phone number. I'd wanna see if they can get me a full front clip. 845 or 895 for that matter is a very good deal for a BPT with ECU and wiring harness. Right now there is a 92 Pro LX being parted out on craigslist. Yank the tranny out of that car and possibly the front hubs and brakes?? and I think that's about it for your swap. Don't take my word on that, but if I'm not mistaken that should cover most of your bases. If you could get the rear discs off of an LX to swap onto yours, that would be a plus.

BTW, you're not talking about Speed Concept off of TV Hwy are you??
                Last edited by teqnyck; 10-12-2009, 11:59 PM.
                -'91 Festiva L
                -'91 Pro AWD New Project

Comment

Originally posted by teqnyck View Post
                  That was a BF GTX, so the body style before yours. We had a few of those state side, but 3500 was ridiculous for that car.

I'd like to know what the name of that shop is if you could remember it or give me the phone number. I'd wanna see if they can get me a full front clip. 845 or 895 for that matter is a very good deal for a BPT with ECU and wiring harness. Right now there is a 92 Pro LX being parted out on craigslist. Yank the tranny out of that car and possibly the front hubs and brakes?? and I think that's about it for your swap. Don't take my word on that, but if I'm not mistaken that should cover most of your bases. If you could get the rear discs off of an LX to swap onto yours, that would be a plus.

BTW, you're not talking about Speed Concept off of TV Hwy are you??
                  That would be Speed Concept or Unnatural.

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

Comment

wrong. its just an engine shop. they wont do swaps or anything they just supply. and whats going on with race dezign? i heard a rumor they went under. the number for that shop is 1 800 442 0258. if you know where speed concept is its over in that area. you guys over at horsepower freaks wouldnt happen to need a shop bitch would you? im needing work really bad

Comment

That phone number is for N. Pacific Engines in Auburn. I just called, they guy on the phone told me he has NO 1.8 turbo engines of any kind. When I asked him for a BPT he said "What the hell is that." Shady dude, I'd stay away if I were you mate.
                      -'91 Festiva L
                      -'91 Pro AWD New Project

Comment

Originally posted by teqnyck View Post
                        That phone number is for N. Pacific Engines in Auburn. I just called, they guy on the phone told me he has NO 1.8 turbo engines of any kind. When I asked him for a BPT he said "What the hell is that." Shady dude, I'd stay away if I were you mate.

I have gotten an engine from them before for a civic hatch. They are kinda shady and deal only with Honda's and Nissans really. When I was in there, I saw tons of stuff that looked like it had been stolen or ripped off. That was a few years ago, don't know if they change, just my experience with them.

Comment

Originally posted by deadly_sleeper View Post
                          I have gotten an engine from them before for a civic hatch. They are kinda shady and deal only with Honda's and Nissans really. When I was in there, I saw tons of stuff that looked like it had been stolen or ripped off. That was a few years ago, don't know if they change, just my experience with them.
                          Yeah, not surprised. I talked to www.foreignengines.com, they have BPTs and AWD trannys in stock. And they're in Lynnwood, so local delivery is free. They don't think they can get me a GTR engine, but they have another container order going in the next week or so and they're gonna try to special request on for me.
                          -'91 Festiva L
                          -'91 Pro AWD New Project

Comment

my cousin had a bad expeirence with the owner of the shp that i went to. he bought a civic from him that had a recently swapped d15 in it that ended up needing to be replaced after a couple months but it was free because of the one year warenty. either way i'm gonna go thru the engine and make sure its legit. so how do you get parts for the bpt? are miata internals interchangable? also what are some turbo options? i am thinking maybe a t25 or possibly a t3/t4. i found 2 bpt's on ebay but they were 1500. one was just the engine no ecu or harness and one was complete with rans so im thinkin the deal i foud is pretty good

Comment

Parts for the BP motors are interchangeable, so internals for the Miata will be the same for the BPT.
                              -'91 Festiva L
                              -'91 Pro AWD New Project

Comment

Working...
                              X