the protege turns off when im driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the protege turns off when im driving

i have a problem, when i make a stop or slow down the rpms drop low and the car will die. then it wont start. it takes no longer then 5 minutes to get it started but it sucks.it cranks but nothing happens. i changed the whole ignition system and the maf sensor. the only thing i think it could be is fuel related. for awhile it was doin it once a week but then it would go months without doing it. i dont know but if anybody got any ideas i would appreciated. thanks-oscar
    -Oscar

Fpr?

Comment

sorry i dont know fpr stands for. oh wait fuel pressure regulator right?
      -Oscar

Comment

correct

Comment

add petro to the tank.
          I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
          |.....Overnight....................| ||
          |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
          |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
          "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
          Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

is their a way to check it out without having to purchase one to see if thats the problem?
            -Oscar

Comment

Originally posted by gt40oscar View Post
              is their a way to check it out without having to purchase one to see if thats the problem?
              Its probably not the FPR but the solenoid that controls it. Check the connector for defective wires
              I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

see if there is fuel in the vacuum line that is connected to it

Comment

it's like the movie "Speed"...they figured out an easy solution, just do what they did

or it's your car calling out for boost
                  Originally posted by 90prtege
                  have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
                  Originally posted by Turpro
                  Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
                  CRZbrussian: that sux
                  CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
                  CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

Ram it into a jet plane!!!!

Comment

Could also a distributor begining to fail
                      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

My brother's 91 DX had the same problem. It ended up being a combination of a lot of things, but wasn't too terribly hard to fix. New fuel pump and seafoamed the intake and it hasn't happened since.

Comment

ok i will try to checkout some of these options this weekend. thanks everyone.
                          -Oscar

Comment

Working...
                          X