bp 1.8 sohc to dohc swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bp 1.8 sohc to dohc swap

Needing some help. I have been searching for a while but cant find anything on this swap. Does anyone know what all is involved with this??

Search more please. I know close to nothing about Protege engine modification, but I do know to search. I have seen plenty of threads already on this topic, even though I just joined last week. That is all.

- Nikita

Comment

i have been searching for a while now. So if you found something on it then let me know where the pages are.

Comment

try lookin in the Engine and Drivetrain Swap subforums.
        1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
        Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
        "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

very simple swap .. the blocks are the same .. just swap the motor and engine harness and ecu .. ... if there is anything specific you need to know just ask

Comment

I have seen people talking about adding two wires to the harness. That is about the only info on it i can find and im begining to think that no one has done a write up about this because i cant find it anywhere. Nobody will say what it is under. everybody just wants to tell me to search. wich is getting annoying bieng that a forum is supposed to help people. I have been a member of explorerforum.com for a couple of years now and not only are the people there more willing to help but the site is a whole hell of a lot easier to use.

Comment

don't take it personal. i personally enjoying screwing with n00bs ;D. i feel it's only common sense when you join a new forum to begin your research and questions using the 'Search' tool. it's one of the most handy things around.

I'm not sure how much heat to give ya though on this particular subject, as if you do look in the Engine/ Drivetrain swaps.. there ironically isn't a write-up or specific threads to the sohc to dohc swap until about a week ago when I started one. Tons of other bp swaps, but nothing as barebones as what you may be asking.

Check this thread out. stock 323 to bp questions/list It may be directly what you need, and from there go on with questions about the 4 wire tps (adding wires...) and such.

Also, as I said prior, look into the Engine & Drivetrain Swaps section, as there is almost anything to do with a bp swap in there.

On that note, you have resources available to you now and have a better idea of where to get em. Make a stop by the New Members section, and introduce yourself CP has an abundance of knowledge for ya and a crazy/insane great group of folks.

have a nice day
              1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
              "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

^Troof. In general the swap is covered, that's what the existing threads are for. If you have specifics, post in those threads asking new questions and theories about the build, or start your own thread in the proper section asking specifics.

The way you initially stated your question:
                Originally posted by gambit686 View Post
                Needing some help. I have been searching for a while but cant find anything on this swap. Does anyone know what all is involved with this??
                Showed that you had no idea about what was involved, let alone a specific question on it. Therefore, we guided you to look at basics in the already existing threads.

You should have started the thread with a more concrete title, and your used post #6 as your original question in this thread. Would have been a different story..

/giving noobs sh*t.

Yeah it's a chill group here, you'll get used to it

Comment

Originally posted by Russianred View Post
                  /giving noobs sh*t.
                  where do you get off sayin stuff like that!?

Comment

I never give noobs a hard time
                    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I keed I keed

Comment

I am looking into doing the same swap and I checked out the other threads but they were about the 1.6 to 1.8 dohc swap and I am swapping from 1.8 sohc to dohc, can I just swap the head and ecu, then add the tps wires like you guys previously mentioned?
                        Last edited by driftking988; 01-24-2010, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X