wont go past 4k on highway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wont go past 4k on highway

As title says won't go past 4k in 5th gear and took long to get to 5k in 4th I changed the vaf to u code from old s code.today and took it to hobbs to drop my mom off its 92 miles away and 86 back I took my short cuts in the oilfield I know my way around the oilfield a thing or two:D

How much does it should eat gas? I did the basic math 92 miles I should have 3/4 tank left but I got a half? I think its bull**** and I wonder if that's because I have the 99 miata cams and solid lifters and the ecu doesn't know anything about the cams ? Because the ecu is telling the injectors to flow more?

If I get the MS will it fix the problem? I drive a lot and getting tired of worrying abut running maybe lean or rich? I'm sorry if it took u so long to read a pointless senseless thread I'm fustrating myself cuz it won't go past 4k and it eats gas and a little bogging and a more detail of what my car does to me when I take off pretty easy and waitin for the power band to come up and it sightly pulling harder and a little there at 3k and pulls ok at 4k and even harder at 5 while I was in 2nd. Its so annoying $$>
    Last edited by bp_turbo'd; 02-07-2010, 12:59 AM.
    swapping into another shell!

More likely to be running rich. Maybe your VAF is set wrong. Do you have a A/F ratio gauge? Your miata stuff shouldn't be a problem unless the valves need adjusting. If you have a laser temp thermometer, you should point at the header and see what are the temperatures for each exhaust runner. See the differences between then, if they are far off from each other, than you got some problems. That's one way to check.

So does it go to 7k rpms? Does it pull hard? have you checked your timing? What ECU are you running? What VAF?

That's my 2 cents

Comment

yeah my bro rebuilt this motor got the miata cams in it and sold it to me for 2500 for not running I jus thought my bro just gave up cause it won't go past 4k??????? But oh well at least it runs but it pulls pretty good from 1st to 3rd but on the highway its annoying couldn't pass anyone keeping in 5th gear had to down shift to 4th sometimes in 3rd its so damn annoying and when before my bro gave up he did the timing AGAIN and me and my dad was arguing about the timing is off and of sudden while I changed the cvs and while I was waiting on the cvs I did the timing the exhaust was one tooth off I think its timed correct now runs good after I did the timing and I think its just because the maf,tb,iacv,I'm is still dirty I don't kno if jeremy did the cleaning when he was at the build what's the most common of problems not goin past 4k?

Comment

yeah my bro rebuilt this motor got the miata cams in it and sold it to me for 2500 for not running I jus thought my bro just gave up cause it won't go past 4k??????? But oh well at least it runs but it pulls pretty good from 1st to 3rd but on the highway its annoying couldn't pass anyone keeping in 5th gear had to down shift to 4th sometimes in 3rd its so damn annoying and when before my bro gave up he did the timing AGAIN and me and my dad was arguing about the timing is off and of sudden while I changed the cvs and while I was waiting on the cvs I did the timing the exhaust was one tooth off I think its timed correct now runs good after I did the timing and I think its just because the maf,tb,iacv,I'm is still dirty I don't kno if jeremy did the cleaning when he was at the build what's the most common of problems not goin past 4k? And I don't have af gauge I wanted that I had the s code vaf runs OK and today I bought the U code vaf and it runs good and smoother and one of my friend told me there's no more popping that probably pinging???? Is my ignition is being advanced a lil to much? And I don't even know what ecu I have but I think it should be regular lx ecu??? My pro is a se and got a bp swapped hopefully the ecu is a problem so I could get one for cheap from jy they know me well I used to work there b4 and I took the u code from a egt today the ecu should be same??? I might have the sohc ecu? How do I find out can I even use the miata ecu? Sorry for another long post I'm learning as I working on it trying to figure and learn my experiences I'm deaf and loves cars by my heart tears it it pisses me off sometime I hope u guys understanding me well

Thanks guys

Comment

i cant read this to help, sorry
          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

;withstupi

Has it been doing it the whole time you owned it or just since you fkd with the vaf and took the flapper out and put it back in?
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

It won't go past 4k when I got it

Yeah I put the flapper back in but I fuked the spring on the teethed wheel that's probably why or I missed something

That vaf^^^^ is the "S" code I bought new vaf the U code I didn't buy the B or K cause I couldn't decide which is better

It runs way better and went out of town 92 miles away it should be 3/4 tank left right??? Its only a half that's bullshiz my sisters trailblazer I was following she still have almost full tank exact between 3/4 btw she hauled 3 adults. And my nephew I was hauling nothing but myself and spare tire and tire changing tools that's it lol

I'm trying to be more specific and paying attention to what I'm trying to write I ve started watching that 70s show, family guy, 2 and a half men and some shows and I'm starting to understanding what's goin on but hey I'm having hard time understanding the slang like when they talk about the bunch guys drinkin beer and floatin down the river for 6 hrs no one has to pee I didn't get it at first LOL but that's funny right there

Comment

Originally posted by bp_turbo'd View Post
                It won't go past 4k when I got it

Yeah I put the flapper back in but I fuked the spring on the teethed wheel that's probably why or I missed something

That vaf^^^^ is the "S" code I bought new vaf the U code I didn't buy the B or K cause I couldn't decide which is better

It runs way better and went out of town 92 miles away it should be 3/4 tank left right??? Its only a half that's bullshiz my sisters trailblazer I was following she still have almost full tank exact between 3/4 btw she hauled 3 adults. And my nephew I was hauling nothing but myself and spare tire and tire changing tools that's it lol

I'm trying to be more specific and paying attention to what I'm trying to write I ve started watching that 70s show, family guy, 2 and a half men and some shows and I'm starting to understanding what's goin on but hey I'm having hard time understanding the slang like when they talk about the bunch guys drinkin beer and floatin down the river for 6 hrs no one has to pee I didn't get it at first LOL but that's funny right there

You can't compair your fuel tank to the trailblazers. They are totally different and it holds much more fuel than yours does.
                Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                "Who Dey"

Comment

Its a v6 and heavier but ur right but O duh I didn't think of that lol but if I was following a perfect running protege I would say its going to be a bunch different I think it was retarded at ignition timing and other thing I didn't mark the u code before I adjusted it yeah I'm that stupid u name it lol I didn't mark it cuz I was 15 miles away didn't have anything to mark it and wanted to fix the missing power but hey remember it won't go past 4k on highway I wanted to advance the vaf to see if its better and it ran sigtly better tho but I just don't kno where find the problem the engine itself is fresh I haven't keep eye on spark plugs I just learned that yesterday if keep monitoring the plugs will help me kno what's happening in chamber I still need to learn the basic and important things and back in the high school days I thought stage 3 cams stage 3 clutch and 1000cc injectors and 60 trim and 12.5:1 lmfao that's gunna work very well lol

Comment

And the ebay coilovers slotted rotors and green stuff 5 inch ohh btw my first modficiation I made on my first car was the gt wing then traded for tv and I built in the tv onto the dash and aftermarker knobs and pedals cough cough neon under dash and seat I was a ricer (or still a ricer) cuz I drive like one goddamn I need a instuctor to teach me at teh track and I'm just a excited driver lol I ve drove for a while but STILL I jus love driving so much but my highway driving is a lot different cuz I drove a midsize trucks. Like 2 or 3 ton for about a year servicing the oil field hauling trash trailers, lining the pit, fabricate and threading the pipes we use the truck axle to thread the pipes by jacking the truck rear and they have a hub thing that u use the hammer unit on it and screw the pipe in and put it in 1st gear and the truck does the job threading the pipe all we had to is hold the threader and keep it lubricanted and a BUNCH stuff its fun tho I lost that job cuz I failed the piss test not oh well lol I was like oh **** when they said its to cold had to pee again I'm making long boring post? Or it made u chuckle sometime?

Comment

Oh dang it 5 inch tachometer

Comment

Hey itb mx3 I checked my spark plug and the 3 looks same just running rich (I think) but one looks different I couldn't remember what it looked like but if that helps?????? Then I don't need the laser temperatere gun? I'm hoping ur right it jus needs valve adjusting???? Is that bad? Bent valves?????? Oh no

Comment

Working...
                        X