Wich turbo for 323 gtr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wich turbo for 323 gtr

Hi looking to see what others put on their gtr. I own 2 and one of them is no so stock no more gt4 dogbox tranny and other good stuff.

Im looking to se wich turbo others used on gtr.

Im going for min 450 500 hp this time ?

When did you upgrade stock intake/ how much will it take..

Thank you

jesper

(r.i.p.)1989 gtx 4x4 297hp@425nm at 2.7bar garrett gt2860 using 11 gearboxes

1992 GTR : gt4-dogbox. nira, 3", turbo, 550cc. okada spoler, fmic, tuned head , wallbro.

1993 GTR : ligeskåren gearbox. 3", unichip, racecat, 500cc, kn, magnecor 10mm, fmic

929 : 1988 2.2 Turbo. vj 20 ,hdi boostctr. fmic. Kn.

after having used a garett gt2876r , i would now probably use the new GT 30 SERIES DUAL BALL BEARING ONES, for 450-500hp range its probably the best, they are quick spooling and have a high ar that never seems to run out of breath, this turbo has trully proven itself on any serious engine build, if u want a good, quick spooling, monster response turbocharger, this is the one , but the downside to this would be that u would definitelly need a serious intercooler, exhaust and most importantly a good external wastegate for all that dischage.

the stock gtr intake will get the job done, obviously if u are willing to go this far, just get a custom one done, but it can definitelly handle a good 400-500 hp.
    Last edited by bpturbo27; 02-16-2010, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bpturbo27 View Post
      the stock gtr intake will get the job done, obviously if u are willing to go this far

I don't know if Mazda had that high of power in mind, but that intake is definitely a key piece of low-end response!

Manifold System
      With the "Big Turbo", it has become critical that boosted air is distributed to the individual cylinders in equal volume and pressure. Likewise, the energy of exhaust gas must be fully exploited to quickly "spin-up" the big turbine in order to obtain high power and minimum turbo lag.
      The Mazda engine design team has perfected a unique manifold system, combining the air volume and pressure equalizing intake and exhaust extractor manifolds.
      It was Mazda's finding that with more a more commonly used equal-length intake manifold, the tract nearest to the air entry received the least volume/pressure, and the farthest tract the most. By trial, measurement and testing, the engine team perfected a cast aluminium manifold that has intricately curved and sized "walls" between the individual tracts leading to the intake ports to equalize air volume and pressure. A bonus is that the manifold's swirl generating effect contribute to efficient combustion. The equalizer intake manifolds have shown its effectiveness in improving torque from idling to the Group-A 300-bhp-plus output level and all the way up to maximum revs.
      I peered out from the castle window and looked over the splendor of ROTM county. Yes, twas' a much simpler time back then. Peasants would go about their postings, and I, the mod, would rule over them with an iron fist.

Comment

GT3071 or GT3076

Comment

Originally posted by Sockington View Post
          I don't know if Mazda had that high of power in mind, but that intake is definitely a key piece of low-end response!
          im currently pushing 29 psi on my upgraded stock gtr turbo..

I have a great big fmic that keeps air temp low, but any attempts at higher boost and the heat creaps up.

At 17 psi i did 297 bhp and 377 nm but this was on std ecu ( rally version) and afm...

im guessing i do approx 340-360 hp now. hard to say cause i changed gearbox and engine management since.

i met a guy at a race i schweden doing 410 on stock intake with gt 35

Comment

I would go with a GT35R with a turbine A/R .63 or .82... It's cheaper to buy than any GT30 series, but I wish you find a solution to install this turbo in that small engine bay!

What's the part number on the ecu that you say is from the GTA-e? I think I have one but I could only confirm by the ecu part number.
            -1993 Familia GT-R, 3" stainless exaust, 0.100" oversize Supertech pistons, ported and polished head, "hemi" style combustion chamber, Supertech 1mm oversize valves, megasquirt, 880cc low-z, MSD HVC, custom SS ramhorn turbo manifold, GT3076R ar.63, 25psi, 3" SS custom exhaust. Soon to be MS3X, COP and 28psi!
            -2008 Mitsubishi Evolution X MR, AEM turbo inlet system, 3" magnaflow exhaust.
            -2006 Pimped Grand Caravan 3.8L GT40...I'm kidding, it's stock

Comment

Cant remember ecu # but its the one where you can ajust : Boost, ignition and dutycycle . Fits original harness. ajusted with screvdriver.
              4 sale
              Last edited by happygtr; 02-17-2010, 09:23 AM. Reason: forgotten

Comment

what's the maximum boost you can get from this ecu??
                -1993 Familia GT-R, 3" stainless exaust, 0.100" oversize Supertech pistons, ported and polished head, "hemi" style combustion chamber, Supertech 1mm oversize valves, megasquirt, 880cc low-z, MSD HVC, custom SS ramhorn turbo manifold, GT3076R ar.63, 25psi, 3" SS custom exhaust. Soon to be MS3X, COP and 28psi!

Comment

papers say 1.5 bar

Comment

so it's 21.75psi of boost with everything stock on the car, that's awesome!

Comment

i upgraded the fuel pump and fitted a wideband .

Comment

Is the duty cycle control has enough control to enlarge the injectors size, like stock 460cc to 550cc?

Comment

papers say
                          a/f from - 9% to +15%
                          ignition from -8 deg ca to + 4 deg ca
                          and boost
                          can send picture of papers?

Comment

of course, send it to mazdasly75@hotmail.com

Thank you very much!

Comment

go with this:

festiva #1 stock daily 63 whp FTW

festiva #2 bp+t, sink trap style turbo setup, g series trans, thunderturd 60 trim, 550cc's, s-afc, rx7 vaf, 38mm external wastegate, fmic, etc.... let me know how the taillights look

Comment

Working...
                              X