transmission wont come off , b8.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

transmission wont come off , b8.

trying to remove tranny from b8 motor. its all loose and wiggles around but for some reason it wont come off. any ideas ?

Rust on the input shaft past normal clutch travel. Hangin up on the disc. Try and get some wd40 or something up in the bellhousing, pry, cuss, and repeat.
    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

I always insert large pry device between bell housing and block. It works without lube which by chance is how turpro likes it
      I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
      |.....Overnight....................| ||
      |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
      |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
      "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
      Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

ill try some wd 40 , ive pulled , ive pry'd , ive beat it with a sledgehammer. i even tried to split the transmission. ill beat on it some more today.

Comment

is it auto?
          -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
          VF10 powered!
          262 Whp & 257 Wtq
          13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
            is it auto?
            sorry shouldve specified 5spd.

Comment

good lord me and Deathtrigga went down this same road... ended up being rust on the end of the input shaft hanging it up in the pilot bearing... it actually pulled the pilot out of the flywheel before just sliding out.

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
              MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

easiest solution............ IF: all the bolts are undone & removed.
                Knock the clutch fork loose inside the bellhousing & remove the pressure plate bolts one by one by rotating the motor until you have all of them out. this allows a stuck pilot bearing/clutch/pressure plate/transmission to come off as one unit, to which you can then go forth removing the stuck pilot bearing
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                X