Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pressure plate/flywheel issue (bolt alignment)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pressure plate/flywheel issue (bolt alignment)

here is my issue. I just bought a clutch/flywheel from advance auto (just something to get this running), but the pressure plate bolt holes do not align right with the flywheel.

The flywheel bolts up fine to the tranny, and the clutch disc is the correct splines for the transmission (22 splines)

so any ideas as to the problem? it looks like it should work but it dosen't....

Thanks!

spin it. theres only one way it goes on.
    -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
    VF10 powered!
    262 Whp & 257 Wtq
    13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
      spin it. theres only one way it goes on.
      yeah even when I spin it around, it does not align up.

also, the pressure plate is not close to the dowel pins/bolt holes. It is about an inch away from them...

Comment

sounds like it might have been boxed wrong...

Comment

I do not think that the flywheel is right, but I can't be sure. Does anyone have any information about the flywheel (like diameter, the spline count. etc..)

the main issue here is determining if the pressure plate is incorrect, or if the flywheel is.

Comment

I seem to be having this same issue... ever figure it out? I was thinking my pressure plates were the wrong size... was gonna head to the hardware store to get new ones

Last edited by Jovian2k; 06-08-2011, 03:15 PM.

1993 BlacknBronz RS BP/ MTX Swapped!
            Worklog
            For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jovian2k View Post
              I seem to be having this same issue... ever figure it out? I was thinking my pressure plates were the wrong size... was gonna head to the hardware store to get new ones
              1.8BP? That is not a g-series flywheel. It should have the bolt holes raised above the surface by ~20mm.

--Ferdi
              If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
              -----
              Miscellaneous Pics of Turbo Protege Build
              Big Front Brake Install using Wilwood Calipers
              Factory Service Manuals and Familia Brochures - PDF

Comment

SOn of a B*tch... first ordered the wrong clutch bc Exedy gave me the Part # for a F-series... got the right clutch now I find out I have the wrong Flywheel!! Oh well trip to Advance should take care of this.

Worklog
                For Sale Thread

Comment

It should look like the one pictured in this thread:

--Ferdi
                  If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
                  -----
                  Miscellaneous Pics of Turbo Protege Build
                  Big Front Brake Install using Wilwood Calipers
                  Factory Service Manuals and Familia Brochures - PDF

Comment

Thanks so much!

Worklog
                    For Sale Thread

Comment

So mine definately doesn't look like that, ordered it from Rockauto and they list the same part # for the Protege LX and DX flywheel I ordered... must be an error. I called every parts store around and nobody carries it except for Advance Auto... I went to pick it up and asked to look at it and it looks just like the one RockAuto sent me! same part # too (just different manufacturers: precision at advance compared to brute power on RockAuto ). So now I have to call and b*tch RockAuto out and tell them to send me the right one.

Just went through this with Exedy since they told me the wrong Part # and sent me a clutch for the Protege DX... seems like I'll never get my BP swap finished but by the time I'm done dealing with stupid parts errors I'll be able to build a Protege DX

Worklog
                      For Sale Thread

Comment

I had the same problem w/ rock auto they had the clutch for the dohc engine and the sohc engine listed under the DX page I ordered the cheaper clutch kit that turned out to be for the dohc engine not the sohc. Had to swap out for the right kit.

Comment

Working...
                        X