V6 Coupled With Automatic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V6 Coupled With Automatic

As far as I can tell, this *HASN'T* been covered before...but I was considering putting a V6 in the green car... which is currently an AUTOMATIC! D'oh.

I was just wondering, are the automatics in the MX-6/Probe compatible with the Protege? That is, is the spline count the same? Is there any problem fitting? Are they actually different than the Protege one?

It would probably be easier for me to pull a whole motor and tranny with it, seeing as my current automatic tranny is kinda fried. Can't guarantee a junkyard one would be better, but it would be worth a shot.
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

get a v6 with a 5 speed box....if for no other reason that lifting a v6 with automatic is heavy

make sure you get the ECU and all other wiring for the 5 speed as well.
    "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
    -93 MR2, 129 ES
    ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
    Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Bah! I don't want to run the clutch stuff though. I kinda wanted to give the car to my mom or my friend, too....

Comment

SOHC I-4s rock for parents....
        "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
        -93 MR2, 129 ES
        ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
        Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Comment

make sure its a v6 auto tranny..bellhousings are different. But it should work otherwise
            93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
            02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
            05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Originally posted by Gro Harlem
              make sure its a v6 auto tranny..bellhousings are different. But it should work otherwise
              Awesome, thanks.

This is just something to keep me occupied once I finish turboing the other car. The green car isn't even registered anymore, may as well mess around with it.

As it is, I don't really want to drive it anymore, with a broken tranny. So, may as well swap the engine too . I don't want to sell it or part it out either though, cause I <3 it too much.

Comment

actually the protege automatic trany won't work so you will need the auto of the mx-3/mx6/probe also you will need the wiring harness and ecu, and since your going the with the auto trany(which is much larger then the manuel) you will need to get the crossmember off a automatic mx3 (mx6/probe crossmembers don't work there to big) so ideal your actually better off with the manuel less work, i did the manuel in my v6
                92 323 with KF-ZE V6 swap done by me, cold air intake, 2 1/4 header back piping, ported throttle body with spacer, NOW FOR SALE FOR $2500, email me at dezznuts59@aol.com

Comment

Working...
                X