stock intake and I love it ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stock intake and I love it ...

On my 323 I have the stock intake and I love it. I have not put an aftermarket free flow intake on the car yet, because when I put it on the red 323 that I had, I lost some low end grunt. I refuse to loose this low end grunt again wich is why I think I will be keeping the stock intake. I may just add a free flowing media to the case and that's about it.

What do you guys think?
    Did you notice a difference in your car?

Like I said I lost that low end grunt, when I installed the free flowing intake.
    bruce
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
    On my 323 I have the stock intake and I love it. I have not put an aftermarket free flow intake on the car yet, because when I put it on the red 323 that I had, I lost some low end grunt. I refuse to loose this low end grunt again wich is why I think I will be keeping the stock intake. I may just add a free flowing media to the case and that's about it.

What do you guys think?
    Did you notice a difference in your car?

Like I said I lost that low end grunt, when I installed the free flowing intake.
    bruce
    i picked up more low-end power. what kind of intake/cone filter and adapter were you using?
    89 Nissan 240SX-NEW CAR!!!
    fst323@yahoo.com

Comment

i got more power then wut i lossed
      i is dumb

Comment

your going to lose low end when you remove the factory box, it's a fact. Assuming your adding a standard intake and/or filter. Add to the loss if you also remove the Hbox. The butt-dyno dosen't count.

Comment

yeah but i still think i got more high end then wut i lossed in the low end
          i is dumb

Comment

think and have are sometimes 2 very different things
            When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
            Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
            Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
            So his engine he goosed
            With much too much boost,
            And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

ok well it feels that way
              i is dumb

Comment

I definately lost low end power when I put on a cone filter. After 2k rpm and above things get a little better Keep the stock airbox on there!
                -------------------------
                '91 LX
                '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
                -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
                well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Even when I drop the bp in the 323, I will keep the stock intake as long as it is feasible. I will more than likely try and get a high flow filter, just to improve the air flowing through the motor.
                  photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Is the 323 going turbo at all ?
                    00 dakota 4x4
                    90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

i have the the rx-7 and no i dont like it as much as the b6 vaf and intake. My car now w/ the rx7 is very loud i mean really loud especially w/ my stock muffler on its still making it sound loud on high rpm. about the gain on my rx7 no, i lost my low end power before when im on 2,200 rpm then i slam on my gas pedal the car will just hop and take off now if i slam my gas pedal on 2,800 rpm w/ the rx7 my car lags until it hits 3,500 then it'll take off.....
                      Yesterday i bought the lx vaf so that i can install the stock box n **** back i'd say im better off w/ the stock lx but i'll let u know bruce which one is better the b6 or bp vaf aight as off now i dont like the rx7 after spending $90 for that ****!

Comment

o yeah i had the b6 stock vaf and stock filter when i kept up with the gsr....

Comment

Working...
                        X