• Show
Clear All

What would you do......

If you were in my situation?

Mind you, all these will be automatics because of me being paralyzed

1) simple 10:1 bp

2) kl swap

3) supercharged bp. Only 5-8 psi

I have no complete on doing an auto fe3 setup so don't say it ryan lol.

I have my spare bp I can rebuild or fit a supercharger onto before slapping it into my car.....if it doesn't sell first. Just tel me your thoughts. I think staying bp is how it will end it's just I want a little more power but don't want to mes with ms.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

KL swap atx. for sure. tons of power, and reliability up the waazoo.
    ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
    ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
    What are you driving?

Comment

^I'm with stupid.

Comment

^reliability with a kl???

an auto FE3 would only need one front mount bracket (that is if my current bracket won't work already-it very well might)
        - which id personally come out & design for you if the one i have doesn't work.

otherwise a high comp BP with boost.
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
          ^reliability with a kl???
          ok. i should have said reliable 'in knowledgeable and capable hands'. lol. mine hasnt had a single issue yet in any way in the year ive had it. not bad for a daily beater that see's the redline every day. and scott's had 3 KL powered cars. and hasnt had any issues other then the smoker which was bad seals when we pulled that motor from a junkyard and didnt rebuild it. we have probably a dozen KL in rockford and yet were never really working on any of them. cause they really dont need it. as long as you keep up on the recommended maintenance from the factory, your all good in the hood.
          Last edited by monoxidechild; 08-17-2011, 11:08 AM.
          ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
          ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
          What are you driving?

Comment

the KL also isn't something chris could work on himself really. Zero room & requires you to pull the motor for maintenance problems- i.e. waterpump.

whereas with a BP or even the FE3 you have clearance all around the motor.
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

I had full access to the water pump in car when I had the KLDE in my Aspire.

If it was me I'd say high comp BP with some decent cams and call it a day.
              2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
              1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

you dont have to pull the motor to do the water pump. you have to remove the motor mount on the passenger side. but thats the worst of it. thats exactly what i mean about just knowing the motor, and how to work on it. lol.
                ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                What are you driving?

Comment

theres hardly any room to work on that side. timing belt/waterpump. **** that- seriously

i guess- those that know me personally realize i don't have patience for retarded ****/poor designs. i don't deal with stuff like the KL- its not worth my stress level

Comment

i say hayabusa engine in the back and have the clutch line attached to a handle to the sequential shifter. 200hp+ 6speed+ rwd= You should ****ing do it!

Comment

My original thought was 10:1 with some high lift cams, pacesetter header with full exhaust(already have) and cut intake manifold. Them the supercharger idea came in.
                      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

high compression is where its at with the BP. because of its rod ratio & weak cams. its a ****ing pooch without the compression increase. not only that. but your gas mileage spikes bigtime with a bump in compression.

post note: chris i have a cut intake manifold laying around if you don't have one anymore

Comment

I don't think i'd want to drive a cammed/worked BP attached to an automatic.

Comment

The KL is one of the easiest engines I have ever worked on. It is also HELLA reliable. I never have any issues and my cars get there ass WHOOPED.

Ive never heard someone talk up an engine they have never started so much, and down an engine that is proven to be a reliable beast..

1992 MX-3 GS - KLZE
                            1997 Probe GT

Its not a BP05.... Its a BPOS... BIG PIECE OF ****

Comment

if its so easy & reliable. then come fix mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X