help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help please

the other day i bought the following:denso plugs,accel wires,dis. cap,rotor,fuel filter,and a air fuel ratio gauge. now for my ?????? i timed it and hooked up the gauge. runs ok but feels like i lost power. i would like to know if the gauge is suppose to pulsate when im driving. and is the last diod the mixture. if thats the case im running a little to rich. how do u adjust the mixture? also the idle adj. screw,on top of the intake manifold, was messed with also buy previous owner. does that have anything to do with it because i messed with it a few times to see if that had any affect on the ratio.nothing. what other adjustments can i make?help please.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

i am haing a little trouble with your posts but here is the jist of what i think i understand of what you are asking. (kinda hard to read that sentance isn't )

you are asking about your air/fuel display gauge. Wheile driving your car naturally will pulse from lean to rich. because the measurment is after combustion a percise reading is not available. so your car will bounce the mixture in an acceptable range of somewhat rich and somewhat lean. Yuo will only get a true reading when you are at WOT from your a/f d
    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
    So his engine he goosed
    With much too much boost,
    And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Eh, if you don't have a wideband O2 sensor, it's not going to be that accurate. I wouldn't worry about it too much, unless you think you affected the signal to the computer by tapping the O2 sensor line.
      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Working...
      X