Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chiptuning 323 1.6i

Four quick questions...

1. Is there any way to get a new chip for my 1.6i SOHC 90HP engine (e-spec)
    2. What increase can I expect?
    3. Where can I get it and is there any way to get a used one?
    4. What do these cost?

I`m still searching for a cheap way to boost my little engine. I considered a engine swap but it will cost me too much I think.

NO! Dont do it! First of all, a chip without a turbo is bull$hit! In croatia chip tuning is 400 euro, and you will get maybe 4 hp with it. Btw, i hate chip tuning.

Since you and me are only european members (i havent noticed anybody else), do you have a 323s ("Protege") or a hatchback?
    One day you are born,
    The next big milestone
    you discover go zoom-zoom
    you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

protegegt is from malaysia.
      there is also someone name atm or something like that and they are all east of America.
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

I`ve got a hatchback. Well, looks like I have to live with this engine as long as I have this car...

Originally posted by MazdaMadness
        NO! Dont do it! First of all, a chip without a turbo is bull$hit! In croatia chip tuning is 400 euro, and you will get maybe 4 hp with it. Btw, i hate chip tuning.

Since you and me are only european members (i havent noticed anybody else), do you have a 323s ("Protege") or a hatchback?

Comment

i will live with it for 2-3 years, need money for the dohc (if i find one) and half the car parts i need to change to do the swap. but it WILL BE DONE!
          One day you are born,
          The next big milestone
          you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

Comment

Well is it worth the money for a old car like this? In Norway they use salt on the roads and a car older than 10-12 years are starting to die a slow painfull rusty death. I did found a couple of DOHC engines but they where kinda expensive and you have to swap all kind of things. Almost half the car I think. Like the drive shaft and perhaps also the gearbox. I`m not sure. They guy I talked to said that.

i will live with it for 2-3 years, need money for the dohc (if i find one) and half the car parts i need to change to do the swap. but it WILL BE DONE!

Comment

Well, it is expensive but i love my 323 and dont care about that I really want that engine!
              One day you are born,
              The next big milestone
              you can't get enough!

Comment

Thats cool. Well, it`s a nice car and I have done some work on mine. I haven`t given up the engine swop either so I`ll see what happens.

This is how my car`s looking so far. I`m going for a more clean original style rather than heavy stiling. Well have a look if you like...

http://www.cardomain.com/id/norwegian323

Well, it is expensive but i love my 323 and dont care about that I really want that engine!

Comment

Its beautiful! Im also planing on painting the bumpers. And about the subwoofer, thats one awseome idea! Great job! I like it!
                  One day you are born,
                  The next big milestone
                  you can't get enough!

Comment

Working...
                  X