Billet main caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Billet main caps

I’m still gathering parts before I start my build. I'm sure about a few things, but on the fence about billet main caps. Don't hear about too many crank failures, and for now I don't think I'll be revving past 8K, but I do plan on (relatively) huge power. Are they worth the extra expense? I'd like to get the block align honed anyway, so that's not really a factor.

Here's a link: Pro-Gram billet mains
    sigpic
    1992 Familia GT-X
    1988 323 GTX
    2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
    2014 Civic Touring

Id put coated pistons, boundary oil pump, and a good balancer before these. there are enough high horsepower BP's out there with no mention of needing these at and below the 500 mark.
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

there's a guy who doesn't post often here anymore, swaltr something? :S he had purchased the billet main caps for his build, and he's the first I've heard of doing so.

Personally I've never heard of the forged cranks limits, or of one failing, so Idk what their limits are to warrant those caps lol.
      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by MD323 View Post
        Id put coated pistons, boundary oil pump, and a good balancer before these. there are enough high horsepower BP's out there with no mention of needing these at and below the 500 mark.
        That is kind of what I thought. There is a lot of people here with much more BP expertise than myself. The Boundry pump, FM balancer, rods, pistons, and a '99 head are on the must have list. My goal has always been 450whp. I don't know if I'll get there, but I'm going to try.

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
        there's a guy who doesn't post often here anymore, swaltr something? :S he had purchased the billet main caps for his build, and he's the first I've heard of doing so.

Personally I've never heard of the forged cranks limits, or of one failing, so Idk what their limits are to warrant those caps lol.
        Did he ever get that finished?
        sigpic
        1992 Familia GT-X
        1988 323 GTX
        2014 Civic Touring

Comment

probably going to need to add an intake on there with a bigger throttle body. what size turbo are you planning to use?
          "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
          -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
          *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
          172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
          New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by MD323 View Post
            probably going to need to add an intake on there with a bigger throttle body. what size turbo are you planning to use?
            Yeah, intake and TB for sure too. Leaning toward an HX40w + M62.
            sigpic
            1992 Familia GT-X
            1988 323 GTX
            2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Working...
            X