Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rx-7 maf on a 1.6 sohc, temporary!

Hi guys!
    I found the rx-7 maf and since its damn hard to find, i bought one because in the future (2-3 years) i plan to do the dohc swap.
    Now... since im curious, could i put the maf on my B6? I know that it wont make big difference, but i would like to do it. Could i mess something up with that?
    Thanks
    One day you are born,
    The next big milestone
    you discover go zoom-zoom
    you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Originally posted by MazdaMadness
    Hi guys!
    I found the rx-7 maf and since its damn hard to find, i bought one because in the future (2-3 years) i plan to do the dohc swap.
    Now... since im curious, could i put the maf on my B6? I know that it wont make big difference, but i would like to do it. Could i mess something up with that?
    Thanks
    it should bolt up an fit.. all u would need ot do is tune it so yer motor runs correctly an it should work.. i cant see why not
    Pewter Silver 92 DX 5 Spd 1.8L SOHC
    -Stainless steel MagnaFlow exhaust with a double walled tip.
    -205/50/15 Bridgestone Potenza RE910 rubber
    -B&M Short Throw Shifter
    -MX-3 GS front seats
    -Front an Rear upper strut braces

(LOOKING FOR A CAI FOR MY SOHC !!!!)
    (GT-X on the way as I type)

Comment

i heard stories that the mixture could be too rich and will fry my pistons... ??? Thats kinda stupid right?

The only problem is the intake hose i think, rx7 maf is 10 cm and the stock is not that large, so i have to make something up
      One day you are born,
      The next big milestone
      you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

Comment

btw. now i disconected the stock maf, tried to start the engine (altough i knew that it wont work), worked for a second... then i connect the thing, start it and it whistles! like crazy!!! enormous noise, like that enoying muffler tips. first i tought that i didnt assemble the intake for first. but everything was bolted up fine, then i rev the engine for a while and it stopped whistling. what was that? something like self-adjusment?
        One day you are born,
        The next big milestone
        you can't get enough!

Comment

The RX-7 vaf wont really give you any gains on a B6.
          The RX-7 vaf gives gains from around 6k and on. The DOHC guys do this cause their cutoff is 7k.

I think someone has a guide on how-to tune it properly on here. Gotta search.

Congrats on the find though.
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

yes, i know that i wont get gains. but what i heard is that it could SERIOUSLY DAMAGE THE ENGINE, even to blow it up. Altough the guy who said that doesnt have mazda, he said that his friend putted the maf from VW Passat to VW Golf and the engine blew. That is what im interested, can i damage something with it?

I have the guide
            One day you are born,
            The next big milestone
            you can't get enough!

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaMadness
              yes, i know that i wont get gains. but what i heard is that it could SERIOUSLY DAMAGE THE ENGINE, even to blow it up. Altough the guy who said that doesnt have mazda, he said that his friend putted the maf from VW Passat to VW Golf and the engine blew. That is what im interested, can i damage something with it?

I have the guide
              I dont now if it'll seriously hurt the B6 or not.. but if YOU think it'l hurt it.. then just dont do it.. ultimately its your choice.. plsu if its not gunna give u any gains .. i woudlent put it on.. id just save it til u get a BP.. then slap her on there.. no use in putting more mileage on the VAF until u get that BP if its not really gunna help you.. or you think that it will hurt your engine IMHO
              Pewter Silver 92 DX 5 Spd 1.8L SOHC
              -Stainless steel MagnaFlow exhaust with a double walled tip.
              -205/50/15 Bridgestone Potenza RE910 rubber
              -B&M Short Throw Shifter
              -MX-3 GS front seats
              -Front an Rear upper strut braces

(LOOKING FOR A CAI FOR MY SOHC !!!!)
              (GT-X on the way as I type)

Comment

i dont know what to think anymore
                One day you are born,
                The next big milestone
                you can't get enough!

Comment

Working...
                X