strange wire in wiring harness...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strange wire in wiring harness...

im trying to figure out what exactly the 1 wire is on my wiring harness... im not exactly sure what its for. its black with a greeen stripe....this is an LX harness by the way... it just seems to dangle out in space at the end of the harness by the o2 sensor plug, the injector plug, and the distributor plug, as well as the cooling fan plug.

could this be a thread wire used to thread the other wires through?
    i've looked in my factroy repair manual to no prevail. it seems to be a common thing. it was the same on my 323 b6 harness and the same on my friends BP LX harness as well... anybody else noticed this or have any clue what is going on?
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

green with black stipe is dash temp

the godfather has spoken
    eat me

Comment

If i remeber correctly that wire is a ground that always has the terminal head broken off, Ill check tomarrow cuz I know I dont have one haging on mine
      "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
      -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
      *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
      172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
      New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

hmm I thought that was the thermoswitch wire... either that or the engine temp.

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
        Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

the thin black with green is, but atleast in the 323 harness there is a thick one too
          -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.

Comment

talk about ancient thread guys
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

im pretty sure the bg harness grounds are like a black ornage .. its either thermo switch or if it goes past the distributor its dash temp
              eat me

Comment

Originally posted by jacobrussell
                im pretty sure the bg harness grounds are like a black ornage .. its either thermo switch or if it goes past the distributor its dash temp

I looked at mine on lunch it is a temp wire
                -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

lol told ya guys have a little faith ive read the damn shop manual so many times
                  eat me

Comment

Working...
                  X