Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this cute little guy really the front main/oil pump seal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this cute little guy really the front main/oil pump seal?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8076.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	351.0 KB
ID:	1271416

It's just over two inches, it's been a good two-three years since I've looked at one of them but I though they were a hell of a lot bigger than this. Perhaps the 240 one I did is effecting my memory.

Part number is B3C7-10-602A but it came in a lose bag inside a sealed bag, leading to even more discomfort for me such as was it re-packaged wrong, it looks a hell of a lot like an output shaft seal.

This is one of those replacement jobs where if it's not the right part my cars going to be down for a bit which is unfortunately not an option.

I've become paranoid about parts lately due to a couple of bad parts house mishaps.
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

That looks to be the correct seal if memory serves correctly. I know that the part number you listed is correct.
    BPT Power....Drop a gear and disappear.sigpic

Comment

This thread cross refrenced in the bottom,but didnt pop up during search for me(I used front main as parameters but tread title only apparently.) It has both the same specs as well as the same manufactur lettering. So I feel much more confident in ripping apart half my engine compartment.
      Beater=/= Sleeper

there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
      Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Yes that looks right. It's tiny. The rear one is much bigger.
        1990 Protege 4WD
        GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
        ├┼┤
        2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Yea it's definitely for the accessory side of the motor, and if everyone's saying crank seal, then you shouldn't worry about it being a cam seal lol
          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Not the right seal.

Its an oem mazda supplier NDk

the part code on it hasn't given me any quick results on google but it was just a quick one.

Designation on the still attached crank seal is GR2 30 44 7 AE NDK 111

It's looks to be in-between the size of a cam seal and the current seal I have.

Best Christmas install ever.
            Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

Do you have the big nose crank?
              BPT Power....Drop a gear and disappear.sigpic

Comment

Pics for future reference.

Comparison shot of the the only two Mazda BP front main seals.

Name:	FRONT OIL SEAL COMPARISON.jpg
Size:	215.1 KB
ID:	1238673

Name:	51MM OILSEAL.jpg
Size:	243.0 KB
ID:	1238671
                The larger one is part number B3C7-10-602A (if they have trouble tell them to take of the "A" revision letter)
                Its ~51mm. My micrometer is not the best.

Name:	OIL SEAL SMALL.jpg
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	1238672
                The smaller on is part number BP01-10-602A(Once again you might need to removed revision letter)
                Its ~44mm. It is even smaller than the cam shaft seal that measures in at ~48mm. Unless of course I've managed to get screwed again which is quite possible.

I'll find out this weekend when I go to install and redo the oil pan seal. The leak has gotten to the point that I'm losing a quart every 1-2 weeks. It's like I'm driving a rotary.
                Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

Working...
                X