Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BP doch drinks alot of fuel. ANd other questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BP doch drinks alot of fuel. ANd other questions.

Having a problem, cant pinpoint if its the oxygen sensor(Signal was lazy on the oscilloscope) causing this or someone has just messed with the fuel mixture by hand.
    CO test shows rich mixture.
    Can i convert the 1 wire oxygen sensor to 3 wire sensor? I have alot of 3 wire sensors laying around so might as well try and use one of em...
    Is there anyway to change the fuel mixture by hand? On an old saab i remember i could change it via a screw on the AMM and then check two pins connected to it to see if its at the correct value. At that time it was 380OHM resistance equaled around 14.7:1AFM. Is there a way to do this on mazdas?
    Also what should the idle speed be? One manual says 1000, other says 750...

What does the sensor behind the clutch pedal contribute to? Also tehre is a neutral switch on the manual transmission, what purpose does this have?

Originally posted by saaber View Post
    Having a problem, cant pinpoint if its the oxygen sensor(Signal was lazy on the oscilloscope) causing this or someone has just messed with the fuel mixture by hand.
    CO test shows rich mixture.

Can i convert the 1 wire oxygen sensor to 3 wire sensor? I have alot of 3 wire sensors laying around so might as well try and use one of em...
    Yes. Just tap the W/R common +12 wire for the heater.

Is there anyway to change the fuel mixture by hand?
    Yes. Cut open the top of the VAF and adjust with the toothed wheel inside.

On an old saab i remember i could change it via a screw on the AMM and then check two pins connected to it to see if its at the correct value. At that time it was 380OHM resistance equaled around 14.7:1AFM. Is there a way to do this on mazdas?
    Not really. Wideband helps lots, otherwise a lot of guessing and trial and error.

Also what should the idle speed be? One manual says 1000, other says 750...

What does the sensor behind the clutch pedal contribute to? Also tehre is a neutral switch on the manual transmission, what purpose does this have?
    Something to do with idle load. They are possibly beneficial, but not necessary. I have the neutral switch, but not the clutch switch.
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Working...
    X