Cruise control on BP automatic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise control on BP automatic

So I bought another Protege, 1993. DOHC gold LX automatic with cca. 95 000 miles on the clock. Needs a little bit of work on the outside, but interior is as new. The thing is that i don't see cruise control drum in the engine bay. Does automatic have CC on ECU so there is no need for a drum?

Crurise is vacuum operated. If all other components are present, the drum is just missing for some reason. If you only have the steering wheel switches I'd suspect a replacement steering wheel, as cruise was always optional.
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

No, the crouise control is there, it's fully equiped car, sunroof, ac, cruise, all electric..., former owner must have remove the acutator because he needed the space for LPG vaporiser. OK if that is that i'm gonna transfer the acutator from the other car. wich im gonna leave for spares. I'll drive this one with automatic gearbox and if i dont like it i'll swap the manual in it. Here is the pic of the engine bay.

Comment

Is it set up to run LPG?
        1990 Protege 4WD
        GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
        ├┼┤
        2 4 R

Comment

Yes, but it is an old system dispersing the gas in the airstream before the intake manifold. I'm ripping it out, and driving on petrol until i can afford a proper electronic controled MPI lpg system.

Sent from my ***** NGage using Tapatalk 0.16

Comment

Cool. If you make a worklog for that I'll follow it.
            1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
            ├┼┤
            2 4 R

Comment

I don't intend to install the new LPG myself. Only licensed garages are allowed to do that kind of job here. Otherwise it wouldn't pass the inspection.
              I will open the topic here when i work out the transport of the car to my town, and start working on it.

Comment

Oh that's too bad. Still, pictures of the result will be interesting to see.
                1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
                ├┼┤
                2 4 R

Comment

I can do before and after pictures, as well as work log of uninstalling current gas instalation.

Comment

1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
                    ├┼┤
                    2 4 R

Comment

Working...
                    X