No announcement yet.

AC has no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are two fans on radiator? I only knew of the one main one? Is the fuse you are talking about in that black box behind the air filter?

Comment

silly question... but do you have the blower fan in any of the "ON" 1-4 settings when pressing the AC button?
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Yes, two fans. There is a large pull fan mounted behind the radiator on the port side for cooling the engine, and a smaller push fan mounted on the front to starboard for extra airflow when the AC is on.

And yes, the fuse I'm talking about is in the black box with relays and large fuses. It is a regular small yellow fuse labeled AD FAN.
        1990 Protege 4WD
        GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
        ├┼┤
        2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

I've tried all the buttons in all the positions

Comment

I will have to look for that fuse tomorrow. I did not realize there was a second fan. We did have problems several months ago in that little black box blowing out the main 80 amp breaker with a huge radio amp that has since been removed from the car. My son drives the car at college. I will try and find the second fan tomorrow.
            Thanks

Comment

Port is left and starboard is right?
              QUOTE=me109;802025]Yes, two fans. There is a large pull fan mounted behind the radiator on the port side for cooling the engine, and a smaller push fan mounted on the front to starboard for extra airflow when the AC is on.

And yes, the fuse I'm talking about is in the black box with relays and large fuses. It is a regular small yellow fuse labeled AD FAN.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by the5tolls View Post
                Port is left and starboard is right?
                Yes, when you are facing the same direction as the car.
                1990 Protege 4WD
                GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                ├┼┤
                2 4 R

Comment

Well I guess I could go sailing now!

Comment

The A/C fan is in front of the radiator on BGs? Both of BHs have them behind. Learn something new everyday.

Comment

Yup. Ran my ac fan today. On the passenger side behind the grille
                      91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

AC fan is not spinning but fuse is good?

Comment

I guess I will have to take it into an AC shop, I just don't know what else to check or how to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by the5tolls View Post
                            AC fan is not spinning but fuse is good?
                            Are you asking, or telling? <-- Solved.

Might check the contacts, make sure it's plugged in, or connect it to the battery and see if it runs.
                            Last edited by me109; 07-14-2014, 06:21 PM.
                            1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
                            ├┼┤
                            2 4 R

Comment

Telling, that fuse is good but fan is not spinning.

Comment

a/c fans are known to seize up if they don't get used. remove the fan and turn it by hand. bet it will feel all binded up when you turn. if so keep turning it until it starts to feel better. then plug it back in and hope for the best
                                91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Working...
                                X