1.8L T4cyl (BPturbo) or KL-ZE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.8L T4cyl (BPturbo) or KL-ZE

I finally bought another viehicle and can start to tear in to my '94 protege. The first thing i would like to do is chunck the SOHC. So that being said, which engine is better, the BPturbo or the KL-ZE. I've been told that there both difficult installs and they both will fit. Which is better.

Originally posted by mazdaprot
    I finally bought another viehicle and can start to tear in to my '94 protege. The first thing i would like to do is chunck the SOHC. So that being said, which engine is better, the BPturbo or the KL-ZE. I've been told that there both difficult installs and they both will fit. Which is better.

How much do you wanna spend and how much power do you wanna make?.

Comment

Yeah. Won't the weight balance be thrown off with the V6??
      Ryan The middle child is always ignored
      BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
        Yeah. Won't the weight balance be thrown off with the V6??
        Im assuming keeping going with the bpt will keep the balance fairly equal considering it only adds 20 pounds to the bp motor, I would go bpt, But the v6 swap is nice to have 200 na

Comment

How much mony will it take and how much power can I get

Comment

i would like to get the GTR BP if and I mean IF i can find one

Comment

How much mony will it take and how much power can I get
              How muuch money you got and how much power you want??
              Ryan The middle child is always ignored
              BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Could the balence be fixed

Comment

Could the balence be fixed
                  Well im not sure how much more the v6 weighs than the bpt. I know my GTR motor weighed in at 185 pounds when i got it shipped. As for how much power you can get out of both im not sure about the v6, Jesse knows more about the options you have for it. I know you can prob get 230 hp out of the GTX( vj-20) before it maxes out. But im sure at 230 its just a heatpump. The GTR you can see over 350. But it will run you alot prob 4-7000 dollars to get it safe and done right. The gtx you can get 200 for about 3000 dollars

Comment

How much of a eggine mount change is it for the bp

Comment

It drop straight in but you'd be better with fill in tranny support, i've kill two mounts before filling them and i have not yet had anymore trouble with them. Correctly tune the gtx will produce over 230hp without becoming an heatpump. There's a post where one ran a 11. something with the gtx an the stock vj-20. My next set-up is built to see what's the max output power of the vj-20 at 13psi, last summer i was running 13.6 at the 1/4 and comparing it with car of the same weight that i know for shure the hp at the wheel i estimate around 220hp for last summer
                      http://www.cardomain.com/id/protila
                      Transmission mechanic

Comment

-weights are the same, basically
                        -no balance change
                        -mounts are all in the same place, just need to get the K series ones to use the KL motor
                        -neither is "better", it depends on your goals.
                        "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                        -93 MR2, 129 ES
                        ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                        Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

i would go with the KL-ZE V6 motor. b/c you can build a motor that has more hp stock to have more hp in the end.....
                          91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.