No announcement yet.

Exhaust question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and 2 1/4" is the optimal exhaust size or is 2"??? it will be pro manderal bent at aprox $72 per hour....shouldnt take more then 20-30 mins to do the 5 or 6 bends.....
    91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
    Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

cat=lower down HC,CO and NOX
      resonator=its just another muffler to keep the exhaust quiet.

Comment

ok so ill leave the rez out and use a high flow cat....should i use 2in or 2.25in pipe? it will be aluminized steel not stainless as its $3.40/ft at the muff shop vs $17.something a foot
        Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss
          2" mendral or 2 1/4" crush bent will work just fine.
          -------------------------
          '91 LX
          '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
          -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
          well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

i know it will work "just fine" but i dont want "just fine" i want the best flow i can get.....(dont meen to sound like an ass) in 3 monthes i will be graduating.....2 days after that i have planed out to do the kl-ze swap...i fugure that will give me enough time to save and get everything i need for the swap and fiz any problems i have with my car atm.....i know 2in mandral will work ok....will 2 1/4 be to free or will it work better??? ill be replacing my exhaust for under $200.....$45 for piping - 36 for cat - 26 for flex pipe - and the rest for bending

thanx