Creaking noise from head...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creaking noise from head...

Well when I got my DOHC motor it had always made a creaking noise... The motor has 140,XXX miles on it, and it had an auto tranny, thats all I know about it.

When I first heard it I said oh..its the P/S pump, cus it wasn't working.
    Still made the same noise
    Then I disconnected the P/S pump, and A/C (The A/C wasn't working either).
    Still made the same noise.
    Then I said that it was the Water Pump (cus it leaks water and I need to replace it). But right after I put my new timing belt on, I started the car. With no other belts, just the timing belt to make sure I had set the timing right. Sure enough the noise is coming from the Head. Towards the cam pulley side. I think it is comeing from the cam facing the back of the car, but im not real sure.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this? It only happens when my car is cold, after it warms up the noise will go away and wont come back unless I let the car sit for more than 3-4 hours. then on start up it'll do it again.

I plan on doing an overhaul on my motor and replacing the water pump (probably the oil pump also) in about a month. Getting a valve job and P&P'ing the head. So I figure while the head is out i can look at it and see what is going on, but it'll help a little if I know what it is that I am looking for.

Working...
X