DOHC Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOHC Swap

Going to the Junkyard this weekend to buy a 92' DOHC engine that's been tested and has 80k miles on it, now what else do I need to make this work in my 94' DX (American Version SOHC) I'm talking about necesitys just to make it work nothing else. Thanx

it could take all day to explain everything you need to do.......do a search for threads containing dohc or engine swap. This may provide you with more information.
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

all you "need" is the motor. If you want the car to run optimally then:

ECU
      Wire Harness (or run the wires for the VICS and something else)
      Tranny
      Axles
      Clutch Kit
      Flywheel

I have been running the DOHC motor with all of SOHC tranny and axles etc... and havent had any problems, but will be switching to the DOHC stuff soon enough as the tranny is stronger, and it has a closer gear ratio.

all I did was swap the
      Motor
      ECU
      Wire Harness
      and havent had any problems. Both of these things shouldnt run you more than an extra $150. Or search on running the wires and that'll save you the cost of the harness. car-parts.com usually has ECUs for like 50 bucks.

Comment

Working...
      X