No announcement yet.

alternator upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local Alt. shop down here says they can do it , but a rewound Alt. wont last as long as say a stock Alt. They produce to much heat which kills them quicker. That is one of the reasons I would like to run a stock 140 amp GM ice alt.
    c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Originally posted by purewhitemp5
      That is one of the reasons I would like to run a stock 140 amp GM ice alt.
      Well, git er done, and start a new trend.

Comment

guys does anyone have a functioning link for the V6 alternator swap onto a BP motor / harness? Was hoping to do this ASAP but I cant find any working links!

edit/found it.

gotta go find a mpv alternator bolt somehow now..anyone know the length / thread of the bolt? Maybe I can get one at a hardware store?
        Last edited by vtec-this; 04-09-2013, 08:32 AM.

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)
        2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Maximus Tractionous Wifeymobilious
        Previous ~ 235whp 1.8 BP Powered 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege ~ - Sold

Comment

shouldn't be an issue using the KL lower alt bolt. just grab the whole shebang.
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

yep, pretty sure the Alternator has the threads cut on the one side anyways, while the bracket is just a slit to pivot the lower bolt on.
            -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
            http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

i just went to mazda today and ordered the proper mpv bolt. cost $4 told em 96 mpv v6 it should be here tomorrow.

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)
              2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Maximus Tractionous Wifeymobilious
              Previous ~ 235whp 1.8 BP Powered 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege ~ - Sold

Comment

Search provided this oldie but goodie, sadly the links don't work. I pulled my alternator yesterday, having waited for an outside temperature of 104 degrees, and found the original 24 year old Mitsubishi unit. 65 amps. Isn't anything built to last?

Does the mx-3 v-6 bolt right in and hook right up?

Could the clips on the molded plug be any harder to compress and pull out?

I'm hoping to get this done this afternoon since it is the last day of 104 weather for a while...

Thank you.
                1990 Mazda Protege LX, owned since new

Comment

Autozone says the alt tested fine so my problem is elsewhere. The 24 year old part is going right back on with no upgrade. Oh well...

Comment

Thanks again to Autozone, the load test of the battery says no good. Six years out of an Optima and that's it? Back to an el-cheapo Wal-Mart battery.,,

Comment

I just had an optima fail at 6months so you should be happy you got 6 years, they don't make them like they use to.
                      If going wet cell I still fully recommend auto-zone diehards, I got a decade out of one and it didn't die it just had a terminal crack.

For AGM I'd go either interstate or Odyssey in the current market.
                      Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
                      kitty, you are a hilarious woman
                      Originally posted by HopelessCow
                      there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                      Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Hello Kitty,

Thank you for the suggestion. I just need to put something in so I can go for emissions testing and then put it on the back burner...

Comment

I think 90amps is good enough; yank one out of a 97 mazda 626 v6 model. Just remember to change out the pully

Comment

I appreciate the suggestion. No other changes are necessary? Just swap the pulley?

Comment

Is that a 1997 only option or was it available 1993 through 1997? Those were all the same, at least according to Wikipedia...

Comment

any of the V6 KL's really. year isn't particularly important
                                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                                X