Euro 1600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro 1600

Would anyone know if the European '90 1.6 16v motor is the same as the ones in North America? My dad lives in east europe and has a 90 323 and needs a valve cover seal sent to him. Apparently the Mazda dealers overthere said a 90 is too old for them to carry it.

Any other seals you think I should send to him?

Thanks for any info.

Almost all of the 1.6L motors over here are 8V, not 16V. So you'll have to be careful about that. I don't know why they wouldn't sell those at the dealer anymore, that's stupid.
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

I live in europe... i have 1.6 8v injection
      Your dad probably has carburated 1.6 sohc 16v ( i think that B6-ME is the name of that engine). The seal is probablly different because head of those engines is different, so, i guess it wont fit.

Mazda dealers are talking bull****! They need to have everything because they are mazda dealers... even if i want a rotor from a mazda cosmo 110 sport, they need to have it
      One day you are born,
      The next big milestone
      you discover go zoom-zoom
      you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaMadness
        I live in europe... i have 1.6 8v injection
        Your dad probably has carburated 1.6 sohc 16v ( i think that B6-ME is the name of that engine). The seal is probablly different because head of those engines is different, so, i guess it wont fit.

Mazda dealers are talking bull****! They need to have everything because they are mazda dealers... even if i want a rotor from a mazda cosmo 110 sport, they need to have it
        Well you know what the dealers are like in east europe I guess...my dad is in Sarajevo.

Funny, maybe he got it wrong, he said 1.6 16v EFI? IS that like a Miata engine here just transverse?

Comment

He is in Sarajevo??? We are neighbours! Im in Zagreb. I never heard about 16v EFI in a 323!

Znaš hrvatski, bosanski? Da malo zezamo amere
          One day you are born,
          The next big milestone
          you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

Comment

8v!

Aiight, just called him again, turns out it's probably not a 16v...it has no 16v or DOHC markings and a skinny valve cover. 62kW so it must be a 8v. Did the same motor come in the 323s in North America(Canada)?
            Any other seals I should send over? If there are any that are known to be prone to leaks, let me know...might as well send it in the package.

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated!

Comment

MX3's and cali 323's got the sohc 16v 1.6

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
                yes the 90-94 US 323 1.6l engine is the 8 valve

other places that can leak is the distributor o-ring, the cam seal, the main seal (front/crank seal), and the rear seal (by the flywheel)... the oil pan uses a silicon liquid gasket
                So I looked up all the seals and the only confusing one is the crank seal...they list 2 part numbers... one is (funny) the same as the cam seal (211-8516)and is listed as 5-89 to 8-90 and the other one is from Sept 90 on(211-8516)?

Any ideas which one is? I can't get a hold of my dad in time before I have to send this to him...just know it's a 90 323 1.6 8v.

Comment

Parts have already been shipped, thanks for helpin out!

Comment

i know they have a rare 1.6 turbo diesel ive only seen a few pics of it. i forget where i saw the pictures of it at. is that what your talking bout?
                    Maroon 1995 Probe SE
                    Beige 1994 Protege DX
                    Silver 2001 Protege ES

Comment

only diesel engines where 1.7 n/a diesels
                      One day you are born,
                      The next big milestone
                      you can't get enough!

Comment

Working...
                      X