Axle Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axle Question

Anyone know where I can find some stronger axles? I've gone through 2 sets in the past 3 days and at this point am willing to spend more money for a stronger pair instead of changing axles every day.
    1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
    MODS:
    GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
    TO DO LIST:
    EDM/JDM rear bumper
    EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
    Repaint car

was it the axles or intermed shaft that keeps snapping? If so Marcos told me to use the v6 intermed shaft, it's much more beefy, also.. fill your mounts make em solid to avoid wheelhop and evil!
    00 dakota 4x4
    90 crx si - ls/vtec

Comment

The intermediate shaft isn't the only part going. Apparently, the axles I get don't like boost because I get 1 good pull and then on the 2nd pull everything goes to ****. As far as the wheel hop, I have none, however on the top end of 2nd-5th, I have wheel spin after I hit boost.
      1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
      MODS:
      GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
      TO DO LIST:
      EDM/JDM rear bumper
      Repaint car

Comment

Are you using OEM Mazda pieces or the cheap Autozone remanufactured axles?
        -------------------------
        '91 LX
        '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
        well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

I've tried both, and they both end up the same way....damaged.
          1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
          MODS:
          TO DO LIST:
          EDM/JDM rear bumper
          Repaint car

Comment

the only thing i have found out there is this....

not sure if it will work or not with our tranny

level 2 300hp axels

hope this helps
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

A good find, although a bit pricey at $700 for the set.
              '91 LX
              '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
              well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Working...
              X