Headlight Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight Cleaning

Anyone else have yellow or faded headlights? I've seen cleaners on e-bay, but I'm just wondering what you guys use to get them clear again...I really don't want to spend $60 per side for new lights from a wrecker.
    Life is a roller coaster ...don't jump out before the ride is over...

http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5783

http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2667

Two different methods...
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Thanks For the tips!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Genesis91GT
        Thanks For the tips!!!
        Okay...it might be $10 CAD (about $7 USD) but PlastX from Maguiars WORKS!!!

I tried it on my headlights and took at least 5 years off of them!

I will do another round on them and then send pics...didn't get before pics but you all know what the old yellows look like...

Comment

believe me, i know what they are.... i hate those headlights.... i have tried cleaning them, but they get yellow all over again....

Comment

I have to find some of this plastx cuz my headlights aren't bad but one is def. faded more than the other.
            91 Protege LX ---> cardomain site

91 protege lx: threw timing belt

88 323 se, mods: swapping in b6t, 70% complete, $150 takes it.

99.5 VW jetta 2.0

Comment

yeah lets see some pics, i've been using nail polish remover on my headlights, the acetone takes the yellow right off and they stay clean for a few months, but then i gotta do it all over again.
              '91 323 SE
              Sony 12" Sub and amp - 17" Motegi MR7's wrapped in 205/40/zr Visa's - Protoss CAI - Magnaflow Exhaust - Indiglo Gauges and Carbon Fiber Bezel - Ractive Shift Knob, Boot, and Pedals - GroundControls

Coming Soon- Kartboy SS, Pakfeifer Front Bumper
              <center></center>

<a href="mailto://67mustangjosh@gmail.com">67mustangjosh@gmail dot com</a>

Comment

Edm
                My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
                - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

a few coats of clear after you clean will help a lot, i cleaned and clearcoated mine about 6 months ago and it's still clear. after you clear coat it, it may seem a lil hazy but wait a few days and buff it out and then it will look great!

93' 5spd DX
                  R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by protegebob
                    a few coats of clear after you clean will help a lot, i cleaned and clearcoated mine about 6 months ago and it's still clear. after you clear coat it, it may seem a lil hazy but wait a few days and buff it out and then it will look great!
                    Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
                    X