Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radio tape cd player thing hit brakes went off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio tape cd player thing hit brakes went off.

i was drivin down the street mindin my own business with my cd player tape adapter thing with the cigarette lighter all plugged up when i noticed the light was actually red. So i slammed on my brakes and my cd player flew to the floor. I looked at my radio and everything worked except all the lights on the radio went out. Does anybody have a clue what could have happened?
    ClubProtege

Originally posted by TheMAN
    check the ground strap on the radio
    Wouldn't the radio stop working entirely if the ground was bad, not just the lights?

Check all the wires, unless it hit something REALLY hard, I doubt you actually broke it. Most likely something just got pulled out.

Comment

i'm trying to remember, but i remember little electrical gremlin's my protege used to have with the stock radio. i could have sworn there was a button you can push on the radio to just get the lights to cut out.. either than that, i'd suggest that you check at night and ensure that everything else (cig lighter, dash lights, turn signals, horn, etc) works to eliminate the possibility of a fuse blow out.. though most likely the radio wouldn't work AT ALL.. just make sure. additionally, if you take out the radio or remove the console and check the dimmer wiring for the harness, ensure that the wire hasn't shorted out. memory doesn't serve me right, because i remember at one point having NO back lighting or display on my stock radio at one point.. but for the life of me can't think of what caused it or what i did to get it back. good luck
      kevin

Comment

the light turned red so i slammed on my brakes.....the radio works fine....i even plugged the tape and cig adapter back in and it played the cd. the lights just went out
        ClubProtege

Comment

like i said.. most likely just a button, wiring or a fuse

Comment

Working...
          X