Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MX-3 console, how does it mount at the back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MX-3 console, how does it mount at the back?

I got rid of my passive seatbelts a couple months ago and that of course leaves behind the console with the slots in it. I saw a sticky thread by Gro Harlem that says the Protegé can use an MX-3 console so I've been trying to get a 94 or 95 rear console. The screws at the back of the old console went into a metal plate attached to the assembly for the shoulderbelt reels that are no longer there. Can somebody who is using an MX-3 console in a 1st gen please tell me how you screwed it down at the back? I would try and figure this out myself but MX-3s never show up at junk yards around here so I have the buy one online and I need to know if I should ask them to include some sort of bracket with the console. Thanks.

You need to get a "special" bracket by special i mean canadian... :D
    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
    So his engine he goosed
    With much too much boost,
    And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Thanks, I'll put that on my shopping list for the next time I head north.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
        Thanks, I'll put that on my shopping list for the next time I head north.
        I was thinkin on maybe going over to midnight autoparts tomorow, I also have a few things on my list. I can take a look for your bracket and console, ther are 3 or 4 MX-3 GS' in my local yard
        '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
        Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

bahh my center consol isnt together right now ( thrown in the trunk) but, when i do have it 2gether i dont have it bolted in.. it sits pretty fine without the bolts lol.,

Comment

Originally posted by CBlaze
            I was thinkin on maybe going over to midnight autoparts tomorow, I also have a few things on my list. I can take a look for your bracket and console, ther are 3 or 4 MX-3 GS' in my local yard
            That would be awesome. Just let me know how much they're charging and I'll send you money. If they've got a tan console then my interior will still match, but I realize that black is the common color for the MX-3. Even if you can only get the bracket that would be great because I found a couple of people online parting out 94 MX-3s with good consoles.

If you get over to the junk yard tomorrow let me know what you find. Thanks!

Comment

i had to go back to the farking yard to get the bracket that was on the 95' MX3 i ripped the console out of....

Its just a peice of metal bracetry that bolts where the seatbelt reels used to...it lets you screw the two crews in the side & also raises the console from completely touching the carpet.

Also make sure to get the lower anchor brackets for the lower bolt for both sides of the seatbelt. It is located essentially where the lapbelt reels were installed on the auto-seatbelt models.

You can, if you want, just bolt them to a hole on the floorpan, but using the brackets ensures the proper angle/placement of the lower anchor.
              93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
              02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
              05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                X