speakers configuration...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speakers configuration...

I have a Pioneer DEH-P3600 and has 4ch (50w4) front left, front right, rear left and rear right.

What happend when you install two speakers in front left and two speakers in front right and in the rears as should be? for example,

front left: two Infinity 6 1/2 180W
    front right: two Infinity 6 1/2 180W

rear left: Infinity 6x9 300w
    rear right: Infinity 6x9 300W

Could I damage the Pioneer, What happend?

Originally posted by RTS
    I have a Pioneer DEH-P3600 and has 4ch (50w4) front left, front right, rear left and rear right.

What happend when you install two speakers in front left and two speakers in front right and in the rears as should be? for example,

ive had the door apart 987987798769860786876 times...i dont see two 6.5s fitting

Comment

that depends on the speakers impedance and wiring configuration. The head (or 99% of heads) cannot handle an impedance lower than 4ohms. Chances are your Infinity speakers are 4ohms, there for if wired in paralell, the impedance would be 2ohms, which would in a short time, burn up the heads outputs. If wired in series, the impedance would be 8ohms and the head would be just fine. Mind you the speakers would be less efficient, as they are also fed less power. One speaker at 4ohms may sound better than two at 8ohms.

You'd be much better off with a 2 or 4 channel amp that is 2ohm stable. The head, while it may be rated as "high power" will be labored and generate alot of heat. An outboard amp is much better at dissipating heat and can provide much better headroom and a cleaner sound.

Comment

Originally posted by red90protegelx
        ive had the door apart 987987798769860786876 times...i dont see two 6.5s fitting
        one example would be one in the door, one in the kick panel.

besides, custom is limitless...

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
          one example would be one in the door, one in the kick panel.

besides, custom is limitless...
          im to unimaginative

Comment

Well thanx for the reply, I guess i won't install 4 speakers in the front; i have two 6 1/2 aiwa speaker in the front doors but they are low watts and two jbl 6x9 in the rear deck.

Where is the perfect place to put a 8" sub on a pro 1gen?

Comment

Originally posted by RTS
              Where is the perfect place to put a 8" sub on a pro 1gen?
              The perfect place is in the dash, upfront. The realistic place is in the trunk or suspended under the rear deck.

Comment

Originally posted by RTS

first off.. i would recommend you NOT get tied up with the peak wattage of your speakers.. it most likely doesn't mean **** in either case. what i would recommend with your set up, if you're tight on money, just pick up a pair of infinity, alpine, or boston coaxials. then if you're in the running for some subs or A sub, i would pick up a 10 inch sub, a box and and amp, get a 10 or 8 gauge wiring kit and bam.. be done with it. don't get the bright idea to run your subwoofer off of your rear speaker lines.. that will fry your head unit as well. moreso, your 50x4 rating on your head unit is really only a peak rating, you're really pushing about 18 to 22 watts rms to each speaker.
                kevin

Comment

Working...
                X