4 point seat belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 point seat belts

how do you plug these in? and are they street legal? i have mx3 seats and i want to get something like these.

1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

They're a PITA to mount in a 4-seater. I had SPARCO harneses in my CRX and had the shoulder belts bolted down where the rear seat-belts would be if there were rear seats. A lot of people bolt the shoulder belts down directly behind the seat which is not a good idea, the belts can cause injury in an accident by pulling the occupant down and compressing their spine. The lap belt is pretty easy, just bolt it down on both sides of the seat, the shoulder belts are a PITA because you need them to run at around a 45 degree angle which is not conducive if you carry passengers in the rear seats. If you were to install a roll cage however then you could mount the shoulder belts to the bar that would run across behind the front seats.
    '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
    '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
    '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
    '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
    '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
    '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...hlight=harness

some pics aren't working in that thread. Here's my website how-to link

http://www.mazdaracer.wihandyman.com/HARNESS.html

Comment

wow. the whole spine thing kinda got me thinkin "maybe not" thanks guys
        1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

ya, they aren't for tooling around the streets with a bunch of fools at your side...lol

Also, shouldn't be used on the street unless you have a roll bar or cage.

The MX3 seats keep ya planted WAAAAY better than the stockers, even with the stock belts

Comment

I only use mine during autox racing...nothing to hit but cones

Comment

theres a bar you can get that mounts between the b-pillers. So you can properly mount those in a 4-door and still have rear seats

Comment

Originally posted by viper_707
                theres a bar you can get that mounts between the b-pillers. So you can properly mount those in a 4-door and still have rear seats
                thats not a cage nor a roll bar. all it does is provide the correct mounting angle for the harness. it's a show peice.

Comment

funny i don't remember say it was a roll bar or roll cage. funny

Comment

Yeah But They Can Be Realy Price Harnesses Bar

Comment

Originally posted by viper_707
                      funny i don't remember say it was a roll bar or roll cage. funny
                      which is my point, it's not street legal.

I would think your rear passengers enjoy chewing and would like to retain the use of their teeth and jaw...lol

Comment

I've got a 323 hatch. My back seats are utterly useless anyways, I'm planning on eventually tearing them out. Anyways, I HATE my automatic seatbelts so I'm planning on ripping them out and installing 4-point harnesses along with MX3 seats. How should I go about it? I understand the whole 45 degree thing, but should I get a harness bar or not?
                        Armitage Shanks 116iSE Fagtronic

Comment

Hell I don't know about you guys, but it would be really uncomfortable for me to have to have my seat in front of the pillar.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
                            racing harnesses are NOT street legal

lol didnt know that. skratches that idea
                            1997 U-13 Nissan Altima

Comment

Originally posted by SlickDizzy
                              I've got a 323 hatch. My back seats are utterly useless anyways, I'm planning on eventually tearing them out. Anyways, I HATE my automatic seatbelts so I'm planning on ripping them out and installing 4-point harnesses along with MX3 seats. How should I go about it? I understand the whole 45 degree thing, but should I get a harness bar or not?
                              I suggest hooking up with a Canadian member and getting the manual belts.

Comment

Working...
                              X