Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halo Headlights with Euro (E) - Certification

Halli,

i've a question. I would like to have thise headlights Mitsubishi Mirage 97-01 4Dr Euro Style Headlights. In different threads I found some information about it but for Europe I need the lamps with E-Certification. Do you guys know what i mean?

Gr33tinx, Ruffneck
    Halve dagan gått og ingenting gjort (Et trøndersk ordspråk)

hmmmm.....most mirage halo lamps are dot certified and you can find them on ebay...make sure it sais dot certified cause some arent....when you do just ask them if they are euro certified ....most likley they are
    92 lx (sun roof batches)
    New (to me at least) bp just came in from ebay
    short throw shifta,bronzoil bushings,rx7 afm,bomz mp3 intake tubing

Comment

Doubtful, e-spec lamps are almost always glass lenses, while usdm is crappy plastic, I'd imagine that's part of the cert.

Comment

Halli,

can someone explain me what means S.A.E./D.O.T. ? It's maybe possible enough for norway.

@95ProLeila: what means usdm???

Gr33tinx, Ruffneck

Comment

not sure what SAE is, maybe this, Safety Auto Equipment

DOT = Department Of Transportation (USA only)

USDM = United States Domestic Market
          JDM = Japanese Domestic Market
          EDM = Europeon Domestic Market

I would highly doubt the Ebay Mirage lamps are EDM worthy.

Comment

*It means Society of Automotive Engineers.

Comment

Thank u very much 4 the information about it. I'm gonna try to contact the "ebay-guys".

D'ya know which headlights could match from Honda?

Anyway, thanx 4 helpin'

Gr33tinx, Ruffneck

Comment

might see if there is a seller on www.ebay.co.uk that might have some glass aftermarket headlamps.... always worth a try.

I know here in the US our headlights are the plastic and probably not what your looking for.
                The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

I would say that they aren't e-approved, cos the light patterns are different with e-approved and dot-approved.
                  Try to find BMW E36 light with angeleyes in your land, they should be e-approved.
                  E-spec 1990 1st gen pro
                  -Lowered with weitec suspension
                  -Alessio Giro 17" rims, 205/40/17 tires
                  -Painted interior

Comment

Yeah, I wasn't sure about the glass v. plastic thing, that's why I said almost always

Comment

I would say that they aren't e-approved, cos the light patterns are different with e-approved and dot-approved.
                      Try to find BMW E36 light with angeleyes in your land, they should be e-approved.

Maikel.... Do BMW lights fit a Protege? if so which ones... that would proly be easier than the Mirage Mod

Comment

as the post said E36

Comment

Originally posted by pyromaniak001

Maikel.... Do BMW lights fit a Protege? if so which ones... that would proly be easier than the Mirage Mod
                          depends upon your hood IMO.

Slant hood, the mirage headlamps is the way to go. (90-94 323's & 94 protege's)

Square hood & lights ~> BMW conversion is what you want. (90-93 protege)

That is if you dont want EDM lights.
                          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Thanx for all the answers. E36 doesn't fit cuz I've a slant hood, so Mirage headlights does fit. Also thanx for the tipp with the Lancer.

I've asked a lotta people here in Norway, but no positiv result all the time.

Gr33tinx, Ruffneck

Comment

Working...
                            X