Seats, Motherf*cker!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seats, Motherf*cker!!

From a 95 MX-3, purchased this morning at the junkyard. Going in tomorrow (hopefully).
    Attached Files

I think you got some jizm on the drivers seat. Guess you got a lil excited about the seats. Might want to clean that off first. lol

Nice score tho!
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

need to be cleened very bad....remember the mx3 seats sit 2 inches lower then the stock seats so be ready for a big change.....i had to put spacers in myn to bring it up to stock height...thos are the same colors as myn! i love the mx3 seats...they are so sexy! nice man, btw what did you pay for them?
      Last edited by redfox; 02-09-2005, 03:09 AM.
      91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
      Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

Nice. Congrats!

Comment

Those are the same as mine (minus the c*m-stain)... we found another set at the j/y for Melissa the other day. How much did they want for them? I paid $50 for mine and this place wants $40 or $50 for the ones Melissa is getting... just curious

(steam cleaner works good for cleaning seats)
          '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
          '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
          '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
          '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
          '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
          '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

They cost me more than they should have... closer to $100 for both. But the nearest set that was cheaper is almost 300 miles away and would have cost me just about as much in gas or shipping.

Edwin: I was under the impression that I had standard DX seats. If I have to reuse the stock rails, so be it, I prefer these over the GT seats both in style and color, and I don't really have the option to drive to Canada anytime I want, nor do I have the money to spend on those.

Comment

damn... seems like the 4wd pro is almost as much of a bastard child as the 2nd gen.
              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                damn... seems like the 4wd pro is almost as much of a bastard child as the 2nd gen.
                Hmm..gotta change my sig..
                Nice score on the seats! Congrats!
                Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
                you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

Comment

good lord! those are dirty as sin!

If you lived around the DC area you could've picked from 100 sets of these seats, they are so damn common around here, and u can get them for like $50-60 in usable condition (no cleaning required)
                  93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                  02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                  05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Originally posted by D323
                    Not so... The driver's seat went in perfectly and sits perfectly level. The passenger seat went in just as easily, but has a slight tilt to the outside... maybe 3/4in at most. I am still experimenting with spacers to make both seats sit level with each other but the install was easy and took less than 10 minutes. Pictures soon.

Comment

Originally posted by redfox
                      need to be cleened very bad....remember the mx3 seats sit 2 inches lower then the stock seats so be ready for a big change.....i had to put spacers in myn to bring it up to stock height...thos are the same colors as myn! i love the mx3 seats...they are so sexy! nice man, btw what did you pay for them?

spacers???? how the hell did u do this? Isn't this dangerous incase of an accident?

Comment

Originally posted by 1ofdfew323
                        spacers???? how the hell did u do this? Isn't this dangerous incase of an accident?
                        only dangerous if you dont use the right material....i have 2inch square stock (1/4 inch thick) with stainless steel bolts....the spacers are between the seat and the rails....my seats arnt going anywhere.....
                        91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.