So I got me some MX-3 seats...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I got me some MX-3 seats...

$39 for 2 '94 MX-3 front seats. They're near mint, no tears and barely any wear(the driver's seat bulster is a little distorted, but my Protege's is far worse).

My brother knows someone that can dye seats for like $30, so I'm going to have them died to match my stock interior, should look great.

I test-fitted them in a 323 at the yard(they cleared out all but 1 1st gen Protege at U-Wrench-It, and the one that was there was trashed inside), they ofcourse bolt up perfectly. They do sit lower, and they slightly lean towards the console, all can be fixed with longer bolts and spacers. I *might* put them in on Sunday because I don't know when I'll be able to have them dyed, though it'll look a little funky with the dark blue and the stupid stitched color inserts. But hey I can use my Protege headrests!

So yeah, it's awsome. Pics to come.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

oh yeah? well..... ummm... I've got an MX-3.... PERIOD!

I find it kind of amusing that everyone seems to look for MX-3 seats (well.. they DO kick ass... they're almost, but not quite, real racing seats) meanwhile the MX-3 guys like me look for the MX-3 special edition seats.... it's kinda like one big pyramid of desire

the SE seats are leather upholstered and come with seat warmers.... which would be very helpful in this awful awful Massachusetts winter this year.... I hate peeling my tuchus off the seat XD
    Ask me about engine management!

Comment

What the hell dude, I was there a week ago and they had 5 first gens. One thing about U wrench it, if you see it you better buy it then. My uncle went back yesterday to get the exhaust of of an integra and it was already gone. It was there a total of one week.
      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Heh, well, it is a pyramid. Look at the Protege DX people, they want the BP, and the LX people want the BP-T.

Ofcourse the leather seats are super rare, but I honestly don't like leather much at all. Cloth holds you in better when you try pulling 55mph around a clover leaf lol.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo

Comment

Yup, there one day, gone the next. The friend I went with was there like 2 days ago and there were already new cars he hadn't seen, including an Accord Special Edition.

You know the guy that works there, the one with the slick back hair that yells the numbers to the guy at the register, he saw the seats and he's like "Those are Neon seats right?" I looked at him and I said "That's not even funny...these are MX-3 seats, gah".

Comment

that guy pisses me off, You have to watch what he calls out, I bought a power locks relay box, and he called it out as an ecu....they were going to charge me $30 for a $5 relay.
            According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Yeah, he's a tricky one. All in all they don't know what parts are. My friend bought the turbo and exhaust manifold off of that red Supra, and when we brought it to the register, the guy said "You know you got more than a turbo there." Then he said "Is that a twin turbo?".

Comment

yeah I personally like the cloth more too in general because it doesn't get so damn cold as the leather stuff, but still... those seat warmers could be REALLY nice.... although seriously, if I forget to turn em off after getting em warmed up enough, it makes me feel like I have to pee REALLY bad.... drives me nuts when my mom turns on the heaters on the driver seat accidentally when I'm driving in her Subaru Outback.... she does that ALLLLLL the time, and lemme tell you, those things get @$!#ing hot!

anyway.... forget the DX motor... I had the 1.6 SOHC! w00t! 88 hp baby!

Comment

whats so special about mx-3 seats.... why do i see those as being so popular to swap out
                  1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
                  Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
                  "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

more support and way cooler looking....search for pics and you'll see why.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Here's my 2:

A little dirty. Ohh, get this, my dad, who usually hates when I want to mod my car, offered to help install them. He has the needed spacers and everything. I said that I could do it but he thinks that it's too much of a safety concern for me to do it on my own. So the seats will be installed either tonight or tomarrow hopefully.

Comment

wow.... your MX-3 seats look really WEIRD.... what year MX-3 are they from?

My 92 MX-3 came with a non-adjustable headrest, but its bolsters are wayyyy bigger than that.... hell... going around a corner even with those crappy auto seatbelts is a no-movement event

MX-3 seats rule!

btw.... are you SURE those are MX-3 seats?

Those are the Canadian ones I guess (manual seat belts)... maybe they had different fabric and dimensions?

Comment

Safety concern with switching seats?

92 Protege DX - Sold.
                          91 Dodge Dakota - Sold.
                          95 Ford Contour GL - Crashed.
                          96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
                          90 Honda Accord LX - Sold.
                          98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

Comment

Originally posted by matt_fulghum
                            wow.... your MX-3 seats look really WEIRD.... what year MX-3 are they from?

My 92 MX-3 came with a non-adjustable headrest, but its bolsters are wayyyy bigger than that.... hell... going around a corner even with those crappy auto seatbelts is a no-movement event

MX-3 seats rule!

btw.... are you SURE those are MX-3 seats?

Those are the Canadian ones I guess (manual seat belts)... maybe they had different fabric and dimensions?
                            those are definitely mx3 seats... here's mine:

got them from a 94 mx3, i believe.
                            sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
                            92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

I guess Mazda changed the seat style somewhere along the line.... my '92 MX-3's seats have wider bolsters and a different fabric... whatev. If you say so.

Comment

Working...
                              X