hienishere and cablemirc's sunday:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hienishere and cablemirc's sunday:

so after hin and going to my uncles' at 2:30 in the morning, i went to dave's (cablemirc) place. i woke him up at like.. 5:30 or so, and we had a little chat, went for some coffee, this and that, then! it all began! we were rewiring his dash.. and boy.. is that one hell of a job when you got a very much jdm pro.. whew.. here are some pics...
    lesson to us all.. do it right the first time.... and don't use multiple lengths of wire connected to each other.. =)
    Attached Files

Wow. You guys are crazy. What does this rewiring do?
    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

holy **** in a hand bag... thats crazy.... Dave you've gotta be clinically insane..... LOL sweetness tho what all did you wire in this time
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

isnt he doing his wiring according to the EDM or JDM manuals?.... something like that, if im not mistaken....

Comment

Electrical stuff always makes me cringe... i'm far better off when it comes to mechanical stuff, only the most simple wiring jobs are done by me
          '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
          '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
          '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
          '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
          '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
          '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

JFC!

what did you do to my nice alarm wire loom!?!?!?!

muhwhahahahaa

Comment

is that a JDM or EDM mod?

(re: the roll of TP on the wiper stalk)

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
                is that a JDM or EDM mod?

(re: the roll of TP on the wiper stalk)

i didn't even notice that 'till you pointed it out
                '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
                '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
                '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
                '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

damn that's a lot of wires... agh.

nice though, very nice. it's nice you put an emphasis on professionalism and good documentation. even though you can't see them on a normal day, i bet having all those wires cleaned up makes the car feel cleaner anytime you get in it.
                  justin
                  Protege - 1993 - White - LX - AT - 170k miles
                  installed--- Glass Sunroof, ZX2 S\R struts, Eibachs, custom intake, mp3 headunit, Enkei RS6 16" wheels

Comment

wow dave you are nuts... you told me you were rewiring, but I didnt imagine that bad of a cluster......

wow..... gonna be pimp tho once you get all the correct wires and it all loomed up.
                    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

ok, so pretty much what we were doing when these pictuires were taken by your's truly was putting on a new door connector on the inner side. we went through each wire one by one, cutting them, stripping them, connecting and soldering them then shrinkwrapping them one by one, according to their corresponding pin. there were a total of what? 14 per side.. but that's quite a bit.. before i left, i also changed the wire in the driver side door panel for the power folding mirrors to correspond with the color of wire that the orriginal wire was. ( i was the one on the driver side most of the day, even when we had to go buy stuff) the tp on the steering column? that was a nessesity to the project, i had not had any sleep for the last 32 hours or so at the time, and so for some reason, my nose runs real bad when i do that, and i as damn tired, so i had that roll of tp to wipe my nose =) i filled up a grocery back throuout the day and finished off half the roll at 2 sheet pulls. that is one hell of a job.. i'm almost scared of wires now...

Comment

don't worry man, wires can only hurt you when provoked They need to be pushed pretty hard to go off on ya, cause in a strange way they like to be talked to with unabondonned enthusiasim ... lol

Comment

so is she back together? After pics?

Comment

after pics will come when she is done? =)

Comment

yeah I caught dave on aim after I posted that.... he is 85% complete or something like that..... still more than I would want to take on. But hey thats what makes dave the head mazda enthuaist.

Comment

Working...
                              X