Seat Comparison?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat Comparison?

Okay, so I finally made it out to a junkyard today and I saw a protege with some dizzank seats that made me drool but I didn't have time to pull em. They'll definately still be there if I go back, but I wanted to get something clear first. I've read through a lot of these threads of people doing seat swapping and such but I'm still not 100% which seat is which and which one is considered "the best". Obviously, this is subject to opinion but certain seats have benefits over others. There's no collective thread comparing the seats (as there is for the bodykits for example) and I was just hoping maybe everybody with a picture of their specific car make/model or whatever could post a snapshot of their seats as to get a relatively informed and complete comparison going. I know there's the MX3, stock DX, and GT; are there LX versions or color combinations or what? I want new seats, but I'd like to know my selection before I go hunting.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    To each his own... my own just happens to be ****ty.
    http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/627186

Hold on, I'd like to take ALL of that back and shoot myself in the face. Yes, there IS a comparison thread. No, I did NOT look hard enough. Yes, I AM an idiot. Thank you.

HOWEVER... The seats that I saw in the JY today were not pictured. Does the LX have a special seat? It was some madd retro lookin style, not as buckety as the MX3, but had some amount of dip. Very ugly, I want to get them and reapolster them. It was a black pro, a 94 I believe.

Comment

... i dont know if lx are different..... i have one lx seat..... and then i have a driverside mazda speed seat...

Comment

Here is a picture of Melissa's stock seats ('91 LX)...

Here is a picture of my stock seats ('92 LX)...

Here's a kinda blurry picture of my car with a '95 MX-3 drivers seat and a '92 LX passenger seat...
        '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
        '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
        '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
        '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
        '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
        '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

=)
          Attached Files

Comment

hienishere... what's with the "MAZDA" decal on your rearview mirror? It's a little
            '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
            '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
            '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

hah, i dig the logo on the mirror. that's a messy ass car though. I have strobes right there that light up the entire inside of the car when they blink cuz it reflects off the windshield a bit and nobody can ever figure out where they're located.

lscrx, thanks a lot for the pictures, that's the seat i saw in the junkyard. it was a black LX.. so I assume now a 92. No offense, but i absolutely despise the print on the seats, but I love the style much much much moreso than my DX seats. Are they the exact same seats (between DX and LX, I mean) with different headrests or is the actual seat structure different? I'm just excited cuz i saw those and I hate my seats and I want a change, so I'm wonderin if I should go pull those or wait around for some MX3 seats. No matter what seats I end up getting, I *will* reapolster them though, so color/design doesn't matter.

Comment

this is the best pic i have of my seats... 93 DX, boring pieces of crap. Are these the same body style as the LX w/different headrests or are they different completely? Please note the special edition shock absorbing bright red coilover springs that lessen vibration to the neck for those bumpy rides.
                Attached Files

Comment

I think the DX seats are crappier than the LX seats, but i've never ridden in a DX so I can't say for sure Melissa and I both have our stock LX front seats sitting in the basement if you wanna make an offer
                  '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                  '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                  '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

DX seats are terrible ****, the LX are definitely more comfortable

Comment

DX seats are terrible, LX are better, MX-3 are the best by far. I am 6'2" tall and the LX seats make me hit my head if I hit a bump. The MX-3 seats put me much lower to the floor and change all the angles of my driving. I definately prefer them. I just bought an LX and I need to swap out my seats.
                      2000 Chevy Prism - Grocery getting daily driver.

91 Pro LX - K&N Cone filter, MX-3 Seats, SE-R Shift boot, ZX2 struts, Terra springs w/ 1.75" drop.

94 Pro DX - Totaled

87 Jetta GLI - Sold

Drag racing is for fast cars, Autocross is for fast drivers.

Comment

lscrx, the shipping would just kill me to have seats shipped to me, i'm certain of it. i'm in FL, so if you know of some magical cheap method... tell me, cuz i *am* interested.

Oy, so many projects right now, and my spring break ends in 2 days. wtf man, I seriously didn't get NEARLY as much done as I had hoped. I just started more new projects...

Comment

the mazda on my rear view mirror is the badge off the back.. the original one broke the lil spokes, so i replaced it with a junkyard rip, and took the old one (which was stuck on the back with double sided padded tape) i took it and stuck it on the rear view mirror.. now if anyone ask if my car is a nissan, i'll shoot them =) (from the front, you see mazda labeled over three parts, grill, mirror, and seat's headrest, yes it is messy, as you can see, i never have a full day or two to start and finish projects, i have an hour at most, most of the time, so i keep some of my tools/materials/and some random stuff in my car, so i can work on the go. it's cleaner now.. ... now that i lcleaned it that is... =)

Comment

IMO these are by far the best seats! 91 Protege GT
                            Comfortable, with good side support for back, and better than average support for the thighs. Drivers lower seat cussion is also pitch/angle adjustable. 91 GT style fabric is less "busy" or "dated" than in other years.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by CBlaze; 03-22-2005, 01:23 AM.
                            '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
                            Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

Working...
                            X