Pin-Striping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pin-Striping

Does anyone know of a good or easy way of removing this without damaging the paint? I've got mismatched striping on one door, and the rest is not looking to good. I really don't feel like paying someone to replace it, when I'm just gonna re-paint the car later anyways, plus I just don't like the look of pin-striping.....

Me VBGarage HERE

"90% of young people that get into car accidents say "OH ****". The other 10% are from Wisconsin and say "Hold my beer and watch this!".

well if it's just a decal you can try a hair dryer like you would to remove any other vinyl decal.

Comment

Use a heat gun and peel it at a 180 degree angle(basically over itself).

I guess I'm lucky, the pin-striping on my Protege is mint and actually looks good. Hasn't cracked or come apart, yet.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
      On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
      My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid
        Use a heat gun and peel it at a 180 degree angle(basically over itself).

I guess I'm lucky, the pin-striping on my Protege is mint and actually looks good. Hasn't cracked or come apart, yet.

Wisconsin has this wonderfull thing called SALT, everywhere. Friggen pin-striping screams when it touches it. Plus getting a car-wash when it's 10 degrees out doesn't help much either. Thanks! I'll try the heat gun!

Me VBGarage HERE

"90% of young people that get into car accidents say "OH ****". The other 10% are from Wisconsin and say "Hold my beer and watch this!".

Comment

I used something called "goo gone" or something like that. It's at walmart in a big yellow can. About 4 dollars. I just rubbed it on and wiped the striping and the adhesive right off.

Personally I like the protege without pinstriping

92 Protege DX - Sold.
          91 Dodge Dakota - Sold.
          95 Ford Contour GL - Crashed.
          96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
          90 Honda Accord LX - Sold.
          98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

Comment

3M citrus adhesive remover...AWESOME stuff!

use a low/med setting on the heat gun and be carefull not to leave it in one spot too long, it can also cook it on more or make it come off in tiny little 2mm peices. Also watch out for the rubber and plastic outside trim, the heatgun will melt them.

Comment

I used this bug remover stuff, worked pretty well
              If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
                3M citrus adhesive remover...AWESOME stuff!

use a low/med setting on the heat gun and be carefull not to leave it in one spot too long, it can also cook it on more or make it come off in tiny little 2mm peices. Also watch out for the rubber and plastic outside trim, the heatgun will melt them.
                that's why I suggested hair dryer first

Comment

Working...
                X