well, here i go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, here i go

well everyone, here i go, finally i['m gonna start on completing the paint on my car, err the primer on my car, the plan, sand everything down to oem primer, and primer over it, after primer, clearcoat! hopefully it yields a result of a titanium grey sort of color. wish me luck, i have two days to do as much as i can before i have to go to work again.
    Attached Files

Good luck mang...and i can see your stock bumper.. How much does that bumper weigh?

Im thinking about doing somethin like that to my car...i can get a mustang bumper for 40 bucks. That is, if i can find one in good condition...thats an 04 bumper right? are their anyother pony bumpers that i can use?
    If you're really anal when it comes to the contortion of the english language, or ne-sh*t you find hard to let pass, you should take "THE MANS" advice get a butt lube.....

Quote:Originally Posted by TheMAN "yeah.... butt lube so it feels better"

"I am not a theif, but, i will rob you of your dignity"

"All my life i been a devil's advocate, mad cats never even knew the devil even had a kid"

"fck me? well fck you too, ya mother - ya father- the hole u came through" D-block

"you can get a lot in this world if you put ya NINE to it, but, u'll 'preciate it a whole lot more if you put ya MIND TO IT" - Jayz

Comment

That's gunna look niiice.

Comment

I wish I could say something positive, but I can't, so I won't say anything.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
        On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
        My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

" 4 out of 5 doctors say that a lot of sex is good for you"......tell us whats on ya mind...u dont like the bumper?
          If you're really anal when it comes to the contortion of the english language, or ne-sh*t you find hard to let pass, you should take "THE MANS" advice get a butt lube.....

Quote:Originally Posted by TheMAN "yeah.... butt lube so it feels better"

"I am not a theif, but, i will rob you of your dignity"

"All my life i been a devil's advocate, mad cats never even knew the devil even had a kid"

"fck me? well fck you too, ya mother - ya father- the hole u came through" D-block

"you can get a lot in this world if you put ya NINE to it, but, u'll 'preciate it a whole lot more if you put ya MIND TO IT" - Jayz

Comment

with some work it could look pretty good IMO. BUt it needs work from there.

Other than that good luck on the painting n shiat dood.
            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigmaz Powa
              " 4 out of 5 doctors say that a lot of sex is good for you"......tell us whats on ya mind...u dont like the bumper?
              i like ur way of interrogation....lol

Comment

good luck with the paint
                '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
                '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
                '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
                '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
                '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
                '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

well, here's the game plan, tommorrow morning, i will start, by removing the fenders to patch up the bumper, trust me dudes, it looks better in person. ask dave (cablemirc) then i will begin with the sanding process, with sanding the whole car down out of the way, i'm gonna buy primer, from the body shop next to my work, bring it home and primer it. THEN with THAT out of the way, i'll try not to get her dirty for about a few days while i collect some cash. once i get the cash, i'll have them clear coat the whole car for me. done. like i said, hopefully with the clear coat on, i'll get a metallic looking primer color, something like a titanium. i like the primer grey honestly.. and wouldnt have any other color.

if you dont like my car, it's ok, it's not suppose to look that pretty, i mean, i didnt like the front bumper, so i put another one on, that's all, just dont call it rice, or i'll pee in your lemonade

as the bumper, i used wafer head screws to put it on. don't like it? i do =), and it's not a perfect fit enigma, so you'll have to use your imagination, overall, the bumper weighs only what the mustang bumper weighs plus about 1-2 pounds of bondo, so not that much. thanks everyone. i hope it goes well

Comment

The side pics you showed me looked kind of awkward, that bumper is nearly to the ground and the rest of the protege is well.. protege-flying-high-style.

Comment

are you gonna try and bondo up those screw bumps?????? or leave it as is? you got any pics of during the day??????? like from the side and crap???
                      .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                      225.94wtq
                      torque monster!!!!
                      dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                      http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                      http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

primer is not metallic.

not even a little.
                        sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
                        92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

shiney primer then =)
                          dude.. the bumper is near flush, give an inch or two different from the side.. it's not even that bad

Comment

uh, primer isn't shiny, either...
                            sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
                            92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

if anything, primer actually sucks the light from the surrounding area... do nus a favor and be ready to paint it ASAP. i see WAYYYYYYY too many primer'd cars every day
                              Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Working...
                              X