Power window unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power window unit

Can you get the power window unit from the dealer still? If so, anyone know how much they run for?

What do you mean exactly? The window motor, regulator, switches, etc?
    '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
    '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
    '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
    '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
    '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
    '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

The motor/rail/bead-necklace unit.....

Comment

Originally posted by Gen1GT
        The motor/rail/bead-necklace unit.....
        I looked into getting these parts recently and yes they are available from the dealer but be prepared to pay a lot for them,,it was like $150.canadian just for the motor I think

Comment

At a local yard here on the Island, I can get the whole set up for 45.00$

Aren't there any pros with power windows in your area? Or did you want new?
          Cause...
          Once you clean up and re-grease the wire, and tracks, along with a possible electric motor clean and lube... it should all run pretty well like new anyway.
          '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
          Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

My j/y sells the motors within this price range 7-15 dollars, it depends on wether u buy with out motor, regulator....basically it depends the combination.......

Is there a how to on a power window conversion...anyone know.
            If you're really anal when it comes to the contortion of the english language, or ne-sh*t you find hard to let pass, you should take "THE MANS" advice get a butt lube.....

Quote:Originally Posted by TheMAN "yeah.... butt lube so it feels better"

"I am not a theif, but, i will rob you of your dignity"

"All my life i been a devil's advocate, mad cats never even knew the devil even had a kid"

"fck me? well fck you too, ya mother - ya father- the hole u came through" D-block

"you can get a lot in this world if you put ya NINE to it, but, u'll 'preciate it a whole lot more if you put ya MIND TO IT" - Jayz

Comment

I'm going to go to the dealership to get what I need. I've put in 3 used units, and I'm tired of them breaking down. I have found however that some graphite lubricant on the seals works wonders....

Comment

I'm going to go to the dealership to get what I need. I've put in 3 used units, and I'm tired of them breaking down. I have found however that some graphite lubricant on the seals works wonders....
                Yeah... I guess after 3 ya must have had about enough of the used ****!
                Besides I tried to re-condition one of the motors... it all cleaned up well (it was frozen solid in corrosion) but once you take it apart it's super hard to get back togather, and I broke mine tryin.
                But I did grease up the tracks an wire, also used silicone lube (instead of graphite) on the seals, and it did help quite a bit!
                '91 Mazda Protege GT/ Completely re-built engine w/.020 head shave, intake/exhaust P&P & 3 angle valve job, 2.25 full custom exhaust, RX-7 AFM, K&N Cone, 18* Timing advance, exhintake cam mod w/Fly'n Miata adjustables, Custom short shifter, CenterForce clutch, lightened flywheel, HAWK pads on all 4, Motegi Racing 8 spoke 16"s w/205/45/ZR16 rubber, VentShade window visors, lower lip spoiler, 4" driving lights w/halo's. MX-3 center console & Black carpet swap w/2 layers dynomat type insulation.
                Soon to come... Garret T25 turbo, DSM injectors, GTX ecu (Needed) SAFC (Needed) FMIC (Needed)

'91 Toyota Soarer GT-TL/ Stock 1JZ-GTE, K&N drop in filter, Gewalt Evolution deep dish 17"s, Nardi steering wheel

sigpic

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind!

Comment

btw Blaze, you got any pics of your ride?

Comment

btw Blaze, you got any pics of your ride?
                    I have a few older ones, but nothing recent... I just need a new batterie for my camera, (****er's 15$ for one!) and a nice sunny day to snap a few. But I'm in the middle of customizing my front facia so I kinda wanted to wait to take the pics... but than again, it would be kewl to get a few as I progress in my front end modding.
                    One of my biggest regrets is not having any pics of when I baught my car. Man... what a mess! ...Lets just say the ol' GT has come a long way.(thank you Meguires 4 step cut and polish... which I did twice!)
                    ...Anyway I'm anxcious to get some nice pics of my ride, and when I do, you can be sure I'll post a thread!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X