Pinstriping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinstriping

So I found a black LX right rear door to replace my dented, scratched, and starting to rust door.

It doesn't have pinstriping, while the rest of my car does. I thought I'd just put some on it to match the rest(once the door is fixed, it's got a dent that was filled but looks bad, my brother is going to fix it then repaint it for me), but it's not that easy.
    I was talking to one of the VIP(Vehicle Improvement Products, a Fusz-owned company) guys that comes around all the time to see if some striping he had in the van would match mine. Well, he drove around to my car(I washed it, we're slow as hell tonight so I got nothing else to do, thus why I'm on here while at work) and even in the dark while in his van he says "Ohh that's painted on, I can even tell you the place that did it." Thinking he might be mistaken I tried to remove part off my old door and, well, couldn't. So I took the vinyl striping he had and matched it up to mine but it won't match.

So raises the question, do I spend money to redo the pin-striping on the door, or take it off completely? I really like the way it looks on my car though...

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

I'd probably take it off. Is the price to replace it high? If not, just spring for the $'s and get it redone.

*If it were my car, i wouldn't pay for pinstriping on one door if it was more than $15*
    If you're really anal when it comes to the contortion of the english language, or ne-sh*t you find hard to let pass, you should take "THE MANS" advice get a butt lube.....

Quote:Originally Posted by TheMAN "yeah.... butt lube so it feels better"

"I am not a theif, but, i will rob you of your dignity"

"All my life i been a devil's advocate, mad cats never even knew the devil even had a kid"

"fck me? well fck you too, ya mother - ya father- the hole u came through" D-block

"you can get a lot in this world if you put ya NINE to it, but, u'll 'preciate it a whole lot more if you put ya MIND TO IT" - Jayz

Comment

How do u remove pinstripping anyway? Mine is starting to fade out..ive been wanting to take it off for the longest.

Comment

The VIP guy said that there's special chemicals that can take the painted striping off without harming the actual paint. I'm thinking I'll get the bit of pinstriping replaced. I'd even get the cool little Mazda emblem striping if it's cheap enough.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo

Comment

No damnit, not the vinyl, we're talking about painted on stripes. The real deal!

Comment

Sorry bro, was just skimming through threads before I went to work

92 Protege DX - Sold.
            91 Dodge Dakota - Sold.
            95 Ford Contour GL - Crashed.
            96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
            90 Honda Accord LX - Sold.
            98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

Comment

If it were me i'd get the one door fixed to match the rest of the car. My $.02
              '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
              '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
              '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
              '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
              '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
              '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by lscrx
                If it were me i'd get the one door fixed to match the rest of the car. My $.02
                exactly....

otherwise your going to have to pay for 3 other doors and 4 fenders to match 1 door.
                The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
                X