Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Remove passanger side window

Hi guys and gals,

I need to replace my passanger side window in a 1991 Protege LX. Ive been to the scrap yard but I can't figure out how to get the existing glass out! Any help would be great!

Thanks

buy the whole door and replace the door with yours. It will save you time and be easier.

If its the wrong color, still take the door, that way you can pull the glass in the comfort of your garage/workspace instead of at the yard.

It can be done, its just a major PITA.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
      buy the whole door and replace the door with yours. It will save you time and be easier.

If its the wrong color, still take the door, that way you can pull the glass in the comfort of your garage/workspace instead of at the yard.

It can be done, its just a major PITA.
      I've been working on fixing my window (it doesn't go up and down anymore). I thought at first that the motor was shot so to replace that I had to unscrew the window from the track. On my 92 protege lx there are two 10mm screws holding it to to the bottom center of the window. Once its unscrewed Try to swing the track out of the way and off the window (use tape to keep the window from falling).

It turns out the motor works fine, but the switch in the passenger door is shot. A new oem replacement was 44 bucks, and the drivers side doesn't control the window either. Hopefully I won't have to replace both switches or some other wiring isn't bad.

Comment

while your there lube/grease the tracks.
        The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

You have to have your window halfway down to reach the nuts that hold the glass to the regulator.
          '90 Mazda 323 GT (sold)
          '04 Mazda Tribute (sold)
          '92 Mazda Protege LX (sold)
          '91 Mazda Protege LX (blown engine)
          '91 Honda Prelude (totalled)
          '91 Honda CRX SI (sold)

Comment

Working...
          X