Options as far as bumper painting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Options as far as bumper painting.

As you all know (or not..) the black trim on my bumpers are fading into the red, and it looks really ****ty.. Can anyone recommend some paint? I can't paint the whole car right now so I'm trying to get it to match the existing paint. Also, any info on how to remove the bumpers? I actually need to paint the grille and the little spacers under the headlights as well. Basically all the plastic stuff has faded a lot faster than the paint.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by txkprotege; 04-15-2005, 01:59 AM.

92 Protege DX - Sold.
    91 Dodge Dakota - Sold.
    95 Ford Contour GL - Crashed.
    96 Dodge Caravan - Sold.
    90 Honda Accord LX - Sold.
    98 Mazda 626 LX - DD.

im not sure about the rear bumper, but the front all u do is open ur hood, take the corners n head lights out that should give u access to the grille and the molding, then there are (i think) 6 or 8 bolts that hold the front bumber on, look below the headlights and u will see them...
    93' mazda 323 - stock 1.6L sohc, absolutely no mods

Comment

I think NAPA will mix automotive paint into a spraycan for you. I don't know how much money though.

Comment

yeh a paint shop can either mix the paint...or point you in the right direction to get it.

and as far as taking off the bumpers...get under the car and just look...its not rocket science.

Comment

I couldn't get the rear bumper off for the life of me. I did the side screws and the ones underneath, but it felt like there were screws holding it in from the top down... I'm confused about that one. As for the front, yea, just start unscrewing stuff, it's easy.
          To each his own... my own just happens to be ****ty.
          http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/627186

Comment

the rear.. you have to take the crash dampner off dude.. should be 8 10 mm nuts, 4 in the trunk 2 on either sides, and 4 on the bottom 2 on either sides, i know, i took my rear bumper off like 3 times now.. hehe..

Comment

Working...
            X