EGT Dash removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EGT Dash removal

im about to remove my dash and start installing my Microtech - i was just wondering how many screws are secureing my complete dash inplace so i know
    i looked through my manual and didnt see nething about removeing the dash (N)
    i took the little side panels off the side of the dash and see 2 screws on each side
    and i also see another screw just by the fuse panel (and one on the pass side)

two bolts on either side behind the side panel
    torx screw up by the windshield, take off that panel and there's three bolts underneath

some others that i don't remember right now. you basically have to take the whole dash apart to get it out.
    sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
    92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

im having troubles removing the left and right screws underneath that black panel
      i got the center one out

Comment

got them out
        dash still wont come out... its super loose
        im gonna remove the heater and see whats up in the center

Comment

like i said, you have to take pretty much everything out. hvac, radio, glovebox, cluster, etc
          sigpic

Comment

Ya their a real bitch. Check your heater core while your in there. Those damn things are natorious for leaking in our cars.
            Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

well the dash is all ready to be ripped out except that the damn heater is in the way of getting the center console (deck/heater/carlighter ashtray area)
              i dont want to f@#& up my heater. But i got one of the cables off
              the blower cable is really tight preventing me from being able to pull the heater out much.

how do i get this damn heater disconnected cause its in the way of my dash getting out
              ~_~
              egts body is all stripped down... kits going on as soon as this beast is running!

Comment

there's a screw holding the cable on the left side underneath, look under from where the radio goes and you should be able to see it. then there's two electrical plugs, and a cable that goes down the right side to a cam mechanism.

note: that's for a 95- yours will be slightly different, but it shouldn't be that hard to figure out by looking.
                sigpic

Comment

follow each of the cables... there are 3 mechanical cables follow them and pry them off of the studs they are on. then as mentioned undo the 2 electrical cables to the controls then the dash should be free. then pull the dash away.
                  There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

Does the pro dash come out? I unscrewed every damn screw I could find and it still only minorly wiggled. I was certainly perplexed. Any trick or did I just miss something?
                    To each his own... my own just happens to be ****ty.
                    http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/627186

Comment

Working...
                    X