No announcement yet.

Cheap Interior Mods, Like REAL Cheap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the steering wheel. Plus it doesn't have the crappy foam that deteriorates over time making it go off on it's own.
    And yeah, I recovered the headliner. The a,b, and c pillars were also painted black.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Looks good, I like the headliner.

Comment

I've got the same '92 MX-3 wheel center...got it on purpose for the rare emblem(of which I also have on the grill). I like it a lot.

My other interior mods are listed in my sig, along with a link to pics of the interior(one of those pics links, I think the last one).

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
        On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
        My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Originally posted by Marc93lx
          I like the steering wheel. Plus it doesn't have the crappy foam that deteriorates over time making it go off on it's own.
          And yeah, I recovered the headliner. The a,b, and c pillars were also painted black.
          quite the seamstress aren't we?
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

the little grille emblem with the flame is rare? i think mines buried in my garage, honestly dont know which stock stuffs hard to come buy, ive been all alone modding my pro for like 4 years so i just wing it.

Comment

The square flame is simi-rare - only found on '92 MX-3s and '92 929s.

Mazda was forced to alter the emblem shortly after it's debut in early 1992 because Renault thought it looked too much like thier emblem logo, and it was changed by model year 1993.

The emblem fits virtually every car with the round flame emblem, and ironically the protege grill is made for it as the grill plastic is shaped for the square emblem under the actual emblem.

This is the emblem I'm talking about:

I have 1 or 2 extras aswell.

The '92 MX-3 steering wheel center has the same emblem, and the wheel center caps also feature that emblem and will fit Protege wheels(many Mazda wheels actually), though I don't have those(I guess I should pick up a set at the junkyard next time).

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo

Comment

As anybody knows, there's no shortcut to having a real killer interior. Best advice? Save your money and wait for those golden oportunities to arise. Good things come to those who wait...?

Comment

?

Why wait...get to the junkyard today and for less than $100 you can have basically every interior part I have if the cars are there that is.

Comment

Haha, did someone read a fortune cookie tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by thejonathan22
                      Just for the record Marc93lx the definition for
                      a sunroof: "A roof on a motor vehicle, such as an automobile, having a panel that can be slid back or raised."
                      And Moonroof: "a permanent window on the roof of a vehicle"
                      Source: Dictionary.com
                      So I currently have a sunroof, and want a moonroof.
                      Ok one more thing, I was looking online at how to do a suicide flip flop trunk conversion and it seems like it would be a cheap easy thing to do. What do you guys thing, is there a reason I shouldn't do it?
                      I ordered the suicide trunk kit thinking it would be a cheap way to trick out my gt. I bought it but returned it in the end because I was having difficulty installing it. (the seller is awesome to deal with and will refund inlcuding shipping!) It seems easy, but when you get the kit, its just a couple of hinges and 2 sliding pins (like for household doors). You will have to predrill some holes and it only looks like the pic if you open the trunk up first and then flip it and lock it into place. So in effect, its more for show. Also, if you have anything worth showing off in your trunk (eg subs), note that all the new hardware will rattle like a pair of maracas unless you seal it and stuff. It does come with a bonus disc of cool mods and a supposed speed chip. If you wanna keep your car looking *fresh*, 'headlightrestorationguy' on ebay sells a kit that is totally worth the money since most of our headlights haze/yellow from the uv rays. They come out looking fantastic! Highly recommend this kit!
                      "Its a helluva lot more fun to drive a slow car fast, than to drive a fast car slow!"

Comment

Working...
                      X