Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do JDM corner lenses fit with EDM 323 headlights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do JDM corner lenses fit with EDM 323 headlights?

It's a question I've thought a bit on. Now someone shall tell me!

Tell me now, or I'll deafen you with my (still) loud exhaust.

Please.

Ryan

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

I'm not sure what the EDM lights look like, but here's a front shot of the JDM's..

the USDM side marker is even with the hoodline, isn't it? (I'm not sure, I don't actually own a USDM 323). The JDM one is indented by the width of the 'city light' or whatever they're called. I don't know if the EDM ones are the same, but I think they are.

--sarge

Comment

Identical.

Minor difference in connectors, but physical part size is identical.
      My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
      - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

EDM lights and corners are exactly the same with JDM.
        But if you want to buy headlight don't buy the JDM because they are for Right Hand Driving cars, get someEDM who aim in the right side of the road

(7).jpg

8.jpg

these are EDM
        1. 1990 Mazda 323 SE sedan , B3 8v R.I.P
        2. 1992 Mazda 323 GT hatch , B3 16v
        3. 2005 Kia Picanto EX , 1.0 12v
        4. 2007 Mazda 3 TC sedan , Z6 16v

Comment

Yeah, that was my plan, the EDM glass headlights. I didn't know if the corners were the same...sometimes the headlights are availible on E-bay but rarely are the corners for them, the JDM corners are on all the time.

Thanks for the info!

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
          On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
          My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

I'm running that set-up now. The car has EDM headlights and JDM sides. The only reason that the JDMs are on is that they are in better condition than the EDM side markers I got. The EDM side markers have a connector that will work with the US harness, but the JDM connector won't. Switched wiring and stabbed 'em in.
            Current-'08 MZ3 Hatch auto, '04 MZ3 Hatch 5-spd, '03 Pro-Lx 5 spd,
            '56 VW Cal Ragtop
            www.cardomain.com/ride/2285117/1

Comment

EDM and JDM have the same corners, AFAIK. Only the headlights differ in material type and direction type.

EDM = glass and same USDM direction
              JDM = plastic like USDM, but facing the wrong direction (blinding oncoming traffic).

Comment

EDM is an absolute must for this upgrade. I switched my JDM ones for EDM and the difference is stunning. Clear, crisp, and pointed in the right direction. Now, they are adjustable, so my tangent question is : Can I wire the adj. EDM headlights to my USDM wire harness? And if so, does anybody have the parts for this mod??

Comment

You just need the roller switch. Please start another topic - better-yet, search - for this as this thread was started only for discussion about the interchangeability of the EDM and JDM corner lenses. Thanks.
                  My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
                  - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

when I am ready for this upgrade, I will ask.

Comment

Working...
                    X