Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Mirror Compatibility, Sedan vs. Hatch

I am on the brink, guys!
    I want power mirrors for my 91 BG hatch.
    Do the power mirrors from an LX 90-94 fit on my car?

The LX is slightly different on the shape of the triangle part that bolts to the door. They can be modded to fit, but are not a direct bolt on from what I have seen.

Try it and let us know for sure!

The DX mirrors; however, are bolt on.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

They are different. I realized it when trying to swap my broken ones for the pro new ones i had. Like D323 said, the triangular base that bolts to the door is different. If you don't want to grind stuff off, get the hatch triangular bases and use the housings+mirrors from whichever you want. These are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by D323
        The LX is slightly different on the shape of the triangle part that bolts to the door. They can be modded to fit, but are not a direct bolt on from what I have seen.

Try it and let us know for sure!

The DX mirrors; however, are bolt on.
        the protege LX and DX mirrors are 100% identical except power and non power
        91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
        Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

I need to edit my above statement. I meant to say SE instead of DX.

I know SE mirrors work on a 323 (I have one on the passenger side currently)

Comment

i had probs trying to put my LX mirrors on my 323, i had to trim the window weather stripping ****

Comment

OK, as expected, I have gotten two different answers for one question.
              I suspect that some modding will have to be done to the mirrors from the LX.
              This is my next upgrade. I have all the wire harness and switches, just need the
              mirrors. I can source them from a 93 LX, but the color is that aquamarine, not black. Whic hlead me to my next question: IS it possible to swap out he manual
              mirrors from my 323 to power ones from the LX, yet keeping the 323 housings???

Comment

No. Power and non power housings are different. If it's power, they look like lx ones. If they are not power, they are usually black and non folding. Concerning naming, i'm in canada so it's all different.
                Power mirrors are different from 323 to pro.
                Don't know about non power, don't have any.

Comment

Here is a picture comparing the two.
                  The part that attaches to the door on the white mirror is different between the pro and 323.
                  Attached Files

Comment

correct, with the exception of the Protege SE we got here in the US. Its Mirrors are the same as teh 323 ones with the exception of the shape of the handle on the inside.

Comment

didn't know that, we don't have that mess here. In any case, get the power mirror housings from a 323 or get the power mirror housings from a pro and grind some metal off of them to fit. There is no other alternatives.

Comment

yeah the SE is basiclly a DX (LX for our Canadian friends ) with a few options. Most SE's I see have Cruise and PW/PS.

Comment

Working...
                        X