interior grab handles on the roof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interior grab handles on the roof

Has anybody tried to put one of the grab handles (aka handles) from the roof up front for the passenger? Maybe its just how I drive, but everybody always reaches for one. I'm not sure how they're bolted on, so it might be impossible. Let me know what yall think.
    ClubProtege

Originally posted by Dixie94Pro
    Has anybody tried to put one of the grab handles (aka handles) from the roof up front for the passenger? Maybe its just how I drive, but everybody always reaches for one. I'm not sure how they're bolted on, so it might be impossible. Let me know what yall think.
    I will do it on my car... And from what I've seen the bolts holes are tere under the roof trim... Si it might be as simple as drilling the roof trim and putting some handles from a wrecked car in the front...

Comment

O ****!!!!!!! handles
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Yes.. oh **** bars... i had one in mine... then took it out

so much more fun that way
        1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
        Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
        "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

you had one up front?
          ClubProtege

Comment

i just got back from the junkyard, and there are already holes up front. There are two things in the way though:

The holes are about in line with the top of the plastic trim that goes over the door. I would assume it wouldn't be too much trouble carefully cutting the plastic piece to make them fit. I believe the only problem with that would be getting that stupid piece off.

The other thing in the way is the metal rectangular piece that holds the trim, that the trim 'pops' into. It's about two inches long or so. It's only the corner of the piece in the way, so the corner could probably be cut off, or the whole piece even, since there are other points holding it on.

The one thing I'm not sure about is how the automatic seatbelts work. If the moving parts stay within the visible metal track, then it shouldn't be in the way at all.

input is appreciated thanks
            ClubProtege

Comment

i just know i had one in mine when i got it.. I took it out.. no idea where it fit in or nothing. sorry... Why you want one in there anyway? there's a grab handle on the door isn't there? Unfortunately my passengers still have that to grab onto... heh, actually they use the damn automatic seatbelt.. the top part.. swear its gonna rip out one of these days
              1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
              Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
              "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Do you have the automatic seatbelts??? When you took it off, was the plastic trim piece molded around it? Or are there holes in the trim piece?

that's exactly why... cus i'm just sick of people grabbing on to the seatbelt..it gets on my nerves. other than that, ive just had a ton of people reach for it, and it'd just give them something to hold on to when I drive like I do.
                ClubProtege

Comment

ooooo k. the passive seatbelt trim/headliner is smaller. so with power seatbelts, the trim would have to be cut.
                  ClubProtege

Comment

I should do this too. People don't know what to grab, so I have to tell em the door pull. Usually it's too late and they freggin put thier hands on my tire-shined dash, then complain when they have tire shine on thier hands...

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

goody...well after you figure out how to get the trim off in one piece...let me know!

that's the only thing keeping me from going and doing it right now... i don't want to break that piece.
                      ClubProtege

Comment

Working...
                      X